Director of Institutional
Vice President for Academic
This position promotes and supports the learning
experience of Marian University students by, providing
relevant and reliable data and information for use in supporting
institutional planning, assessment, and decision making.
- Responds to internal and external requests for information by
gathering, assembling and organizing relevant institutional data
and metrics in support of the strategic compass.
- Provides coordination oversight and serves as liaison from the
University to various authorities to provide data, complete
reports, research studies, and surveys for the federal, state, and
local levels (i.e. U.S. News, SSI, PSOL, NSSE, FSSE, IPEDS, CUPA,
WAICU, Higher Learning Commission, DOE, etc.)
- Serves as a liaison and provides necessary support, reports and
data for the University’s organization effectiveness, planning
accreditation, evaluation, and program assessment activities.
- Prepares program review statements for changes in programs.
This includes oversight of Academic Codebook and CIPs.
- Disseminates, collects, analyzes, and archives course
- Manages, analyzes, and tracks internal surveys (exit and
graduation, enrollment, etc.), including a survey calendar.
- Responsible for analyzing data from administrative units in
support of institutional planning, assessment, and decision
- Provides benchmarking and data on enrollment trends, retention,
staffing, workload, student-faculty ratio, diversity, equity, and
inclusion, and grant applications.
- Directs or participates in institution-wide assessment of
student-learning outcomes and institutional-research
- Produces the annual Marian University Fact Book.
- Provides Return on Investment (ROI) analysis new and existing
- Assists in Assurance of Student Learning data collection and
- Develops and implements processes for collecting, linking, and
analyzing data from a variety of sources including internal
systems, state and federal agencies, other higher education
- Works with areas of the college responsible for data input to
improve process for collecting and inputting accurate data into the
- Evaluates methodology, cost, and feasibility of each new
request involving complex information and/or reporting
requirements; produce a response weighted according to the need,
source and cost of the request.
- Creates, formats, and delivers presentations on institutional
data and analyses at high levels, including senior administrators
and Board of Trustees, and the respective Faculty, Staff, and
- Performs other work related duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
Willingly support the Mission and Core Values of Marian
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field; Master’s degree preferred.
Three years of experience in institutional research, planning and
higher education administration. A combination of education and
experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of research methods and
advanced statistical analysis techniques, as well as, statistical
- Experience in identifying, generating and using data for
problem solving and decision-making.
- Ability to develop, write and present research studies, surveys
- Ability to present and explain difficult, complicated concepts
both verbally and in written form.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current higher education issues,
assessment and accreditation.
- Strong writing and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in computer skills including statistical software
- Demonstrated confidentiality of sensitive information, such as
faculty/staff/administration data, and student records in
compliance with FERPA.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and name,
address and telephone number of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use “Director of Institutional Research” in the subject line
of the email.
Applications received by January 31, 2022, will receive
full consideration. Review of applications will continue,
thereafter, until the position is filled.
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation
and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to
learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined
together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of
criminal background and reference check information; and the
determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for