Under the leadership of the University President, this position
will provide strategic direction, support, action and coordination
to help the university maximize enrollment opportunities across the
full spectrum of its global engagement activity.
Duties and Tasks:
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND
- Oversee all aspects of enrollment for the University as a whole
and responsible for developing, implementing, and managing the
execution of a multi-year and annual comprehensive enrollment plan
with growth goals that include strategies to recruit and enroll
traditional undergraduate, transfer, returning adult, graduate,
online, center, and international students with multiple starts per
- Identifying target audiences, establishing enrollment goals in
collaboration with others, and developing and executing effective
enrollment management plans designed to enroll students that will
be successful at Saint Leo.
- Leading, motivating, and developing teams to ensure that
enrollment and related net revenue goals are met or exceeded. The
Vice President, Strategic Enrollment Management, (VPSEM) is a
leader who can build teams and promote collaboration and engagement
with families and colleagues.
- Work with the Vice President for Academic Affairs (VPAA)
and the Senior Vice President for Operations and others on the
Senior Leadership Team to develop, implement and execute a robust
and data-driven strategic plan for recruiting, enrolling, and
supporting the retention of students.
- Develop and implement an integrated enrollment marketing and
communication plan to attract, engage, retain, and graduate
- Evaluate and improve the practices of the student enrollment
experience, including timely effective, and positive engagement
with students and families throughout the entirety of their
experiences with admissions, and the enrollment process.
- Work closely with the VPAA and academic departments to develop
marketing and recruitment plans that are tailored to the unique
characteristics of their program offerings and the markets in which
they anticipate growth.
- Provide continued leadership in the implementation and
maintenance of enrollment systems to include Salesforce, Anthology,
and Pardot, and to elevate collaboration and strategic planning
with enrollment vendors such as EAB, Naviance, Niche, Cloud
Connect, Carnegie Dartlett, etc. with the Department of Information
- Work to revitalize articulation agreements in collaboration
with the VPAA for community college transfer students.
- Develop a strategy that promotes outreach into diverse
locations and cultivates new partnerships that lead to enrollment
- Lead the enrollment team with any university acquisitions and
mergers to include system alignment, processes, procedures, and
- Provide comprehensive data-informed analyses necessary to make
sound policy decisions for enrollment growth.
- Monitor and assess enrollment performance to evaluate the
effectiveness of recruitment efforts and scholarship programs,
including social media, emerging marketing technologies that
enhance yield with potential students and their families.
- Plan, implement, monitor, and evaluate specific enrollment
initiatives, services, and functions designed to meet institutional
objectives related to enrollment management to optimize net tuition
- Lead collaboration at the University to promote international
- Provide support to the development of strategic international
collaborations and multi-dimensional academic partnerships.
- Develop innovative global pathways programs, support ESL-Bridge
program, developing exchange agreements and other short-term study
- Foster a dynamic environment of continuous review and
improvement based on feedback and the core value of
- Strengthen communication, team cohesion, and accountability
through a culture of transparency and inspiration.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field of higher education or
business is required. Ph.D. from a regionally accredited college or
university is preferred.
- Five years of experience with international student
- Five years of experience with online student enrollment.
- Ten or more years of higher education experience with
increasing responsibility are required.
- Experience as a Vice President or Dean/Director is
- Extensive Knowledge of recruiting and marketing practices with
documented demonstrated success.
- A track record of success in developing and executing
short-term and long-term strategic plans and driving concrete
- Excellent skills for dealing with external/internal
- Excellent oral, written, and analytical skills.
- Skill in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths
and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches
- Skill in understanding written sentences and paragraphs in
- Skill in speaking effectively to others to convey
- Skill in communicating effectively in writing as appropriate
for the needs of the audience.
- Skill in complex problem solving including reviewing related
information to develop and evaluate options and implement
- Skill in adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Intermediate skill in Microsoft Office Suite, student
information systems, and other software.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage interpersonal communication in a team
- Ability to balance many tasks and responsibilities
- Ability to manage time and stress for self and others.
- Ability to develop creative and innovative programs and
The work environment characteristics
described here are a representation of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability”
means an individual with a disability who, with or without
reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of
While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in
person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic
means, move about the office and University, handle various types
of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe
and assess. The employee is occasionally required to
lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job
The intent of this job description is to provide a
representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that
will be required of positions given this title and shall not be
construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and
responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be
directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically
presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an
Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical
step in ensuring employee, student, and graduate success.