Work Site Location:
Coeur d' Alene Campus
15 vacation days your first year
12 sick days
P7 To see full Pay Grade
Salary Structures click here. This position is
The primary function of this position is
to assist in maintenance and support of the college’s website using
the latest web trends and technologies under the day-to-day
direction of the Web Manager. The individual in this position
supports the college’s marketing and communication efforts by being
a proactive and strategic digital partner to leverage a complex CMS
website that facilitates electronic access to information and
services, with a key focus on the user experience. This position
problem-solves daily, utilizing a mix of front-end and back-end
skills. This position also provides technical and content
assistance to other departments, divisions and programs in the
maintenance and support of web pages as part of the college’s
overall web strategy.
This list includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Develops, troubleshoots, and maintains the college’s web
content management system used by web content contributors across
- Performs ongoing training for web content contributors.
- Assists in the design and build of new web functionality.
- Assists with updates to the design system, information
architecture and navigation options of the website.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of new standards,
technologies, and trends through professional development utilizing
publications, trainings and other resources to learn about new
technologies and concepts.
- Provides technical input and recommendations on industry trends
relating to adoption of web development tools, environments,
databases, computer languages, and social media technologies.
- Supports clear policies and standards to improve the quality of
the college’s web presence and best serve college partners.
- Assists in regular content reviews with content contributors to
ensure the quality of site(s) and strategically plans for upcoming
needs and priorities.
- Serves as a member of the college’s web governance team and
coordinates with other web content and technology user groups.
- Works with Web Manager to ensure website meets federal
- Serves as member of the college’s crisis communications team,
ensuring emergency alerts and other key communications are updated
on the website.
- Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work
relationship with supervisor, college staff, students, and the
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
: Associates degree in a related field of study and two years of
full-time related experience including basic web construction such
combination of education, training and experience.
Experience in UX/UI design required.
Administration and architecture experience with web frameworks
Experience with digital accessibility required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Thorough understanding of web development practices
• Strong communication and customer service skills
• Proficient in the use of personal computer and associated
peripherals as well as the current versions of Microsoft Windows,
Microsoft Office, relational databases specific to the College,
Internet, web development and web design software, including Adobe
• Ability to plan, design, and develop innovative projects and
advocating for universal design and user experience
• Ability to manage multiple projects with competing
• Willing to solve web-related problems beyond normal office hours
and work anytime needed in a crisis
• Ability to operate standard office equipment including phone,
copier, and scanner
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of
background check and proof of degree if required for this
All application materials including resume, cover letter, and
either a link to your digital portfolio, or one sample of your work
must be uploaded and the application completed prior to the close
Advertised: January 14, 2022 Pacific Standard