***New Job Title
Writing Support Coordinator
Job Description Summary
Wentworth Institute of Technology is seeking applicants interested
in joining the Wentworth community as a Writing Coordinator in
the Success Studio
The Success Studio uses a developmental philosophy and holistic
approach to help students reach their educational, professional,
and personal goals. Wentworth is creating an integrated seamless
academic advising and academic support model building a shared
designed to foster student success.
As a member of the Success Studio, the Writing Support Coordinator
is responsible for implementing writing support at Wentworth, as
well as contributing to the training and supervision of
· The Writing Support Coordinator will run a variety of training
for tutors to allow for continuous improvement in their
· The Writing Support Coordinator will hire and supervise part-time
professional writing support staff. The coordinator will also
directly tutor students with advanced or unique writing support
needs or when professional writing staff are not available.
· The Writing Support Coordinator will oversee the operation of the
Academic Integrity Workshop.
· The Writing Support Coordinator will assist students with
questions about academic support and design effective outreach to
students about academic support programs.
· The Writing Support Coordinator will collaborate with academic
programs to design relevant writing support.
Inclusive Excellence at Wentworth:
Wentworth Institute of Technology is committed to diversity,
equity, and inclusion in all University programs and activities.
The University does not discriminate based on race, color, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, genetic
information, gender identity, veteran status or any other category
protected by law. All qualified applicants will receive
To find out more about the Wentworth’s commitment to Diversity,
Equity and Inclusion, please visit the website
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should apply online at
All applicants have the right to accessibility support and
accommodations. To request accessibility support or accommodations,
contact the Executive Director of Equity and Compliance, Catlin
Wells, at email@example.com
Minimum Education Required
Minimum Work Experience Required
Preferred Work Experience
Minimum Knowledge Required
Working knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures and ability
to use in varied situations.
Advertised Minimum Qualifications
Advertised Preferred Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in English, Literature, Writing, Humanities or
- At least 1 year demonstrated experience with academic support
or tutoring in a higher education setting. This could include work
done during an undergraduate or graduate degree program.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to lead tutor
trainings, manage student and part-time professional employees, and
answer student questions.
- Knowledge of tutoring best practices, learning theories, and
effective communication methods for the purpose of training
- Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and
- Ability to learn and use relevant software used for academic
support operations. ( ADP, EAB Navigate, Microsoft Outlook).
- Ability to create outreach or advertising materials for email,
social media, and fliers.
- Experience and expertise supporting English-language learners
and/or students with language-based learning disabilities.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Colleges of the Fenway site
- Wentworth site
- Chronicle of Higher Ed.
- NE HERC
- El Mundo
- Bay State Banner
- Colors Magazine
- * Wentworth defines inclusive excellence as 'Actively and
intentionally cultivating a diverse and culturally competent
institution where each member has the opportunity and support to
reach their full potential and make contributions to our campus
community and beyond.' Please provide an example of how you have
exemplified inclusive excellence in an educational or professional
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter