Why the American University of Iraq –
Opening its doors in January of 2021, the new American
University of Iraq – Baghdad (AUIB) began as a dream of influential
individuals in Iraqi and the United States business, industry and
government who want to see a world-class institution of higher
learning established in the city, reminiscent of the days when
Baghdad was an educational mecca and flourishing capital of the
Muslim world. With a great library, palatial college
buildings and student centers, state-of-the-art classrooms,
laboratories, and athletic facilities, AUIB will be a beautiful
campus attracting students, faculty, and staff from throughout the
world. We invite you to join us in this exciting new
This position will report directly to the Dean of
College Art and Science
Job description/ duties and responsibilities
include, but not limited to:
- Teach basic and advanced biology courses for undergraduate
majors in biology and related fields.
- Advise major students on all matters that relate to their
course registration and academic success.
- Set up biology labs and supervise lab instruction.
- Participate in department/college meetings, take part in
various committees, and assist in recruitment activities.
- Assist in departmental and programmatic planning and
- Contribute to ongoing program review, assessment, and
- Undertake research activities, collaborate with faculty on
research projects, and establish research collaborations with
external members of the academic community.
- Be familiar with all the rules, regulations and policies that
govern teaching, research, and interactions with members of the
university community and always observe them.
Qualifications: Candidate must
- PhD in one of the biological sciences (microbiology, cell and
molecular biology, genetics, human physiology & anatomy) from a
reputable/ accredited North American university.
- Minimum of 3 years of teaching experience post- graduation in a
college/ university setting.
- Familiarity with American system of higher education.
Applications should include a cover letter
addressing the requirements of the position, a curriculum
vita, and contact information for three (3)
professional references and copies of
degrees or certification. Applications will be accepted
until the position is filled. Confidential review of materials and
screening of candidates will begin immediately.
Please apply through AUIB website OR send your application and
supporting documents to the following email address:
email@example.com with Karin.Jesuis@auib.edu.iq in
A declaration of a relation at AUIB is
We will contact you if you are selected for