Russian faculty (Position Code PTRUS-20)
About Oakton Community College :
Oakton Community College, a caring community of educators dedicated to excellence in teaching and learning, seeks Russian faculty to join our College. Applicants must be strong communicators and effective classroom facilitators who enjoy teaching in a student-centered environment.
Candidates with a commitment to working in a culturally competent environment are especially valued at Oakton.
We encourage applications from candidates who reflect the increasing diversity of Oakton's student body and community, who will enhance and promote engagement with other cultures, and have a demonstrated commitment to working with and as part of a multicultural faculty and diverse student body and community.
Located seventeen miles from downtown Chicago, Oakton serves northern Cook County with campuses in Des Plaines and Skokie, Illinois.
Oakton is looking for a qualified Russian faculty beginning with the Spring 2020 semester to teach Course develops basic language skills, within the context of the Russian culture. Content includes pronunciation, vocabulary, grammar, reading, listening comprehension and oral and written communication. No prior study of the language
presumed. Recommended that experienced students discuss proper placement with instructor.
RUS102 - Beginning Russian II
This course continues to develop the basic skills introduced in RUS 101: pronunciation, vocabulary, grammar, reading, listening comprehension and oral and written communication within the context of Russian culture.
RUS202 - Intermediate Russian II
Course continues Russian 201. Content includes expanding knowledge of Russian grammar and Soviet culture though practice in reading, writing and speaking the language.
Part-time faculty are paid on a lecture hour equivalents (LHE) basis. For most courses, the LHE is the same as a credit hour. For others, the LHE represents additional work for teaching the class, such as grading papers for Composition classes or teaching a class with a laboratory section (computers, languages, and the sciences); in those cases, the LHE represents a figure higher than the credit hour. All part-time faculty start at the beginning pay rates, regardless of the level and type of experience obtained elsewhere. For the 2019-20 academic year rates are $1132/LHE for faculty without doctorates and $1212/LHE for faculty with doctorates.
Part-time faculty advance one step within the salary schedule with the successful completion of 2 fall & spring semesters where 3+ credit hours are taught in each semester.
- Construction of a course syllabus, consistent with the generic course syllabus, that stipulates course objectives, content, and grading criteria,
- Preparation of course presentations and instructional materials, for lecture, and laboratory and clinical functions (as appropriate),
- Delivery of instruction, including being prepared for and meeting courses and laboratories (if appropriate) at scheduled times,
- Operation of basic laboratory equipment and instrumentation.
- Adherence to laboratory safety policies and procedures and maintaining a safe laboratory environment for students.
- Consultation with and evaluation of students,
- Maintenance of clear records on student performance, as well as any other factors, such as attendance involved with the grading of students,
- Compliance with departmental and institutional policies and procedures including but not limited to submission of midterm and final grades, keeping office hours, and decisions regarding instructional matters such as texts, assignments, grading standards, and adhering to provisions of the part-time faculty contract,
- and Compliance with institutional procedures.
Required: A Master's degree in Russian or a related field and near native fluency are required.
18 graduate hours in the teaching of Russian
Prior college teaching experience and qualifications to teach a second language are preferred.
Part-time faculty hires and assignments are coordinated by the department chairs. Contact Marguerite Solari at 847.376.7012 or solari @oakton.edu for more information.
Part-time faculty are hired on a semester-by-semester basis. A reasonable effort is made to assure the assignment of courses to more senior part-time faculty who are fully qualified by virtue of their education, training, work experience as related to current technology and pedagogical techniques, and who have had a history of successful performance at Oakton Community College.
All assignments are conditioned on sufficient enrollment. Once a course starts, the part time faculty member is expected to complete the course.
Please contact Matthew Robitaille at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or experience problems in submitting your application.
Oakton is accessible by public transportation.
Required documents for a complete application file include a completed applicant questionnaire, cover letter, resume/cv, official transcripts for the hiring credential, and 2 original, signed recommendation letters or college placement/credential file.
Interested applicants must submit their application, cover letter and resume/cv on the Oakton website. Please indicate the position code (PTRUS-20) on the cover letter.
Recommendation letters may either be submitted with original signature or e-mailed directly from the reference to email@example.com.
Transcripts may either be submitted on official paper or as pdf copies of official transcripts e-mailed directly from the Registrar's Office to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transcripts and recommendation letters are required prior to appointment.
Official transcripts and original letters of recommendation or college placement/credential file should be mailed to: Faculty Search PTRUS-20, c/o Department of Human Resources, Oakton Community College, 1600 E. Golf Rd., Des Plaines, IL 60016.
Oakton is accessible by public transportation.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and participation in its educational programs, college activities and services, or in its employment practices.
Posted positions may be removed from the Oakton website without notice when it is determined that no additional applicants are required.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Des Plaines
- Humanities Not specified Part Time jobs in Des Plaines
- English & Literature Not specified Part Time jobs in Des Plaines
- English as a Second Language Not specified Part Time jobs in Des Plaines
- Ethnic & Multicultural Studies Not specified Part Time jobs in Des Plaines