Non-Credit Instructor - Amazon Web Services Academy
Requisition ID: req2778
Job Title: Non-Credit Instructor - Amazon Web Services Academy
Department: Workforce Innovation
Location: Columbus Campus
Employment Type: Adjunct/Non-Credit Instructor
Employment Status: Adjunct/Non-Credit Instructor
Bargaining Unit: Non-Bargaining Unit
FLSA Status: Exempt
Compensation Type: Contract
Schedule: Hours will depend on class schedule.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities, covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, in accordance with its requirements.
Duties are numbered for convenience and do not indicate order in terms of importance, frequency that the duty is performed, or the amount of time spent on the duty.
1) Teach curriculum topics including one or more of the following: AWS Academy Cloud Foundations (in preparation for the AWS Cloud Practitioner exam), AWS Academy Cloud Architecture (in preparation for the AWS Certified Solutions Architect- Associate exam), AWS Academy Cloud Development (in preparation for the AWS Certified Developer- Associate exam), AWS Academy Cloud Operations (in preparation for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator- Associate exam)
2) Use AWS Academy Curriculum to instruct students in the classroom, as well as CSCC learning technologies as appropriate
3) Supports student learning outside the classroom through office hours, email, or other means of communication
4) Assists, as appropriate, in the maintenance of instructional materials and facilities.
5) Assists, as appropriate, in the maintenance of course descriptions, course outlines, and syllabi.
6) Assists, as appropriate, in the coordination and setup of the AWS course section and student access to the AWS learning environments, and with obtaining AWS exam vouchers.
7) Employs appropriate informal assessment techniques to measure student progress toward achieving course goals and objectives. Communicates progress in the course to students in a timely manner. Determines and submits students' grades in accordance with established college policies and procedures.
8) Keeps accurate and appropriate records in accordance with the Faculty Handbook and departmental policies.
9) Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and predictable attendance and works as required in order to meet workload demands.
10) Performs other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of: mastery level of adult learning theory; delivering adult instruction; communication and computer; organizing and coordinating training programs. Skilled in: communication, verbal, non-verbal and written: ensures understanding, adjusting to audience; maintaining the audience attention; present in logical manner and summarize information to audience; defining clear goals. Ability to: focus on the customer; educate and understand customer's needs and concerns; follow a logical sequence; use learning aids build collaborative relationships.
Minimum qualifications: Must have the AWS (Amazon Web Services) certification for the class in which you are teaching. For instance, you must have the AWS Certified Developer certification to teach the AWS Academy Cloud Development course. You must also work through CSCC and AWS to become a certified AWS instructor prior to being authorized to teach AWS Academy courses. High school diploma or GED. State Motor Vehicle Operator's License or demonstrable ability to gain access to work site(s).
Preferred Qualifications: Appropriate work experience using AWS technologies.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Columbus
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Columbus
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Columbus
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Columbus
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Columbus