ASSISTANT COACH - WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL - PART TIME
MALCOLM X COLLEGE
Malcolm X College is currently seeking a part-time Assistant Coach
for our Women's Volleyball team, who will assist the Head Coach in
the activities of this intercollegiate sport.
Malcolm X College fields teams in four sports - men's basketball,
women’s basketball, men's soccer, and women’s volleyball.
The mission of Malcolm X College is to provide accessible liberal
arts and health-focused education that fosters personal and
professional achievement. To fulfill this mission, we focus on the
following core values: accountability, community, diversity,
empowerment, learning, and respect.
- Assists the Head Coach in instruction and analysis of
- Provides skill demonstrations of sport coached.
- Critiques athletes’ performance to determine skills and
abilities that need strengthening for overall team
- Assists with the recruitment of student-athletes.
- Advises students with respect to athletic performance and other
personal development issues. Ensures that athletes reach their
academic goals by monitoring class attendance and ensuring they
receive academic support as necessary.
- Assists with assessment of equipment, uniforms and other
necessary apparel and needs; assists with making team travel
arrangements, both in accordance with the Board’s purchasing
- Assists with scheduling pre-season, season and other games and
tournaments; assists with training, practices and coaching in
league, conference and tournament play.
- Assists with the preparation and maintenance of mandatory
national and regional reports.
- Ensures that the conduct of self and the athletes is in
compliance with the City Colleges of Chicago Athletic Governance
Policy and Athletic Participation Policy.
- Performs related duties as assigned
- Completion of an Associate’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree
or higher preferred, preferably in Physical Education or related
field, supplemented by 2-3 years of coaching and/or professional
- Familiarity with NJCAA rules and regulations a plus.
For the second time in three years, Malcolm X College was selected
as aPromising Places to Work in Community Colleges award winner!
The award is given by the National Institute for Staff and
Organizational Development (NISOD), a membership organization
committed to promoting and celebrating excellence in teaching and
leadership at community and technical colleges, and Diverse: Issues
in Higher Education, a leading academic publication.
MXC was recognized for its best-in-class student and staff
recruitment and retention practices, inclusive learning and working
environments, and meaningful community service and engagement
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of