BCCC invites qualified candidates to apply for our part-time
faculty position to teach in-person Graphic Design classes this
upcoming Spring 2022 semester. Part-time appointments are made on a
semester-by-semester (as needed) basis.
ART 130 Materials and Methods of Graphic Design
- Facilitate instruction through the use of slides, lectures,
discussion, gallery and museum visitations, written and appropriate
art studio projects
- Develop Curricula
- Assess and grade students’ work in a timely and professional
- Participate in Student Learning Outcomes Assessment (SLOA)
- Attend Professional Development workshops and trainings
- Communicate effectively with students as well as with the
Department of English, Humanities, Visual and Performing Arts
This course introduces students to a wide range of computer
applications in art. Fundamentals of computer graphics software
will be covered, as well as the terminology and artistic strategies
used in computer aided image generation. Both the practical and
theoretical aspects of using computers will be considered, in
addition to a variety of painting, drawing, design layout, and word
processing programs. Students will solve visual art problems that
demonstrate creative and technical skill.
Student Learning Outcomes
a) Students will identify and use the software tools used in the
design programs : Photoshop and In Design.
b) Students will identify copyright infringement issues in
relationship to graphic design.
c) Employ research in the development of designs using thumbnail
sketches, and both rough and finished comprehensives
Schedule- Monday evenings 6:00 pm. – 8:30 pm. Loc : Liberty
- Master's Degree in Fine Arts or related field
- Two years of college teaching experience, preferably at a