Mathematics Adjunct Faculty: Day and Evening Dual Enrollment and
BCCC invites qualified candidates to apply for our part-time
faculty positions in various disciplines to teach in our Dual
Enrollment or P-TECH ( https://www.ptech.org/
These programs offer college courses to taught high school students
who are earning college credit while they are still attending high
school. Dual Enrollment and P-TECH students are earning college
credit that counts towards their high school graduation
requirements and that gives them a start on their college careers.
P-TECH students are also focused on specific career pathways that
lead to an academic credential or degree. Part-time appointments
made on a semester-by-semester (as needed) basis, primarily for
teaching courses at the Liberty Heights Avenue campus and in
selected Baltimore City High Schools. Opportunities to teach the
traditional college student audience may also be available.
BCCC is seeking instructors qualified to teach in the following
Overview of position: Summary of positions’
- Teach assigned course which may include day, night, in-person,
and virtual courses.
- Establish and promote an effective learning environment that
maximize documented student learning.
- Submit required college reports and forms in a timely
- Utilize a course syllabus for each course, following
established institutional guidelines and the specified curriculum
for each course.
- Hold office hours for each class either before or after the
class period either in-person or virtually using Zoom.
- Respond to student, high school, and BCCC staff questions and
- Attend meetings, training, and orientations as required.
- Maintain levels of professional knowledge and expertise.
- Fulfill responsibilities for other reasonable, related duties
- All BCCC faculty are required to hold a master’s degree in the
discipline being taught or a closely related field with 18 graduate
semester hours in the discipline or closely related fields.