Inman E. Page Library at Lincoln University seeks an innovative
thinker, with strong instruction and people skills to join our team
as the Reference & Instruction Librarian. Reporting to the
Director of Library Services, this position coordinates the
library’s instruction programs by collaborating with faculty,
staff, and fellow librarians. This librarian assists other
librarians with lesson planning and instructional objectives,
teaches for assigned subject areas, advises on assessment methods,
and brainstorms collaborative strategies. The librarian in this
position also coordinates an embedded librarian program, including
planning, promoting, and instructing based on a core set of goals
and values. An emphasis on information literacy, in tandem with
existing course outcomes, is expected. This librarian is also
responsible for professional tasks within the reference area,
including reference services, collection development for assigned
subjects, and the creation of research support guides.
- Master of Library or Information Science degree from an
- One year of experience working in an academic library in
providing reference and instruction in a postsecondary academic or
adult services library.
- Familiarity with best practices in Information Literacy
instruction based on the ACRL Framework for Information Literacy
for Higher Education.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with a
flexible and adaptable attitude as well as a strong focus on
- Ability to work with diverse population of faculty, staff,
students, and community patrons.
- Second master’s degree, with a preference for business,
psychology, or a related field.
- Experience with teaching or library instruction.
- Two years of professional experience in a library, with a
preference for academic libraries.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and the
ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population of
- Experience or familiarity in using and instructing an ILS
- Serve as library liaison to designated departments
- Work with professors to align library instruction with
assignments; advises on lesson planning and implementation for
fellow librarians; teach in assigned subject areas; and seeks new
course collaboration opportunities as a teaching and research
- Create scaffolded tutorials on research strategies, information
sources, and digital literacy skills for in-person and digital use,
while working with LibGuides and other content creation tools.
- Plan and coordinates information literacy assessment models
that can be adapted to suit varied course content
- Develop and maintains LibGuide pages to support subject
- Perform instruction in the Library Science Minor program
- Provide quality internal training on digital and in-person
information literacy instruction.
- Participate in some capacity with the MOBIUS library
- Other duties as may be assigned
Faculty Research and Service:
- Serve as a member of committees in the library and the
- Remain current in the library discipline and assigned liaison
- Publish chapters, book reviews, or other peer-reviewed written
content for theoretical or practical aspects of the library
- Participate in conferences and professional organizations.
- Pursue and assist with grants and other funding for special
projects and initiatives.