Oregon Institute of
Technology (Oregon Tech) invites applications from dynamic,
inspiring and experienced leaders for the position of Associate
Vice President for Finance and Controller.
In 1947, Oregon Tech was
founded as the Oregon Vocational School to train and re-educate
returning World War II veterans. Today, Oregon Tech is Oregon’s
Polytechnic University. Offering bachelor’s, master’s, and soon a
doctoral degree, Oregon Tech has exceptional programs in
engineering, health technologies, business, technology,
communication, and applied sciences that prepare students to be
effective participants in their professional, public, and
international communities through applied, relevant learning, and
- The Associate Vice President for Finance and Controller is the
university’s chief accounting officer and leads the Business
Affairs Office and Budget and Planning Office of the University.
This role is an integral partner to the academic and administrative
units across the institution and collaborates with and provides a
high level of support, analysis, and counsel to the Vice President
for Finance and Administration.
- The AVP directs, reviews, and supervises financial accounting
and reporting processes and procedures, accounts receivable,
accounts payable, cashiering, capital asset accounting, cost
accounting, debt management and compliance, grant accounting and
state and federal reporting.
- The AVP collaborates and works closely with the University
Shared Services Enterprise (USSE) to ensure compliance with
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Financial
Accounting Standards Board Pronouncements (FASB) and Government
Accounting Standards Board (GASB) pronouncements that apply to the
- The AVP coordinates the compilation and development of the
institution’s Annual Financial Statements and related report, State
of Oregon Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR), 990-T
Unrelated Business Income Tax Report (UBIT) and compliance with
- The AVP serves on institution’s Executive Leadership Team.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration,
management, finance or related field.
- Functional knowledge of FASB, GASB and GAAP.
- Strong computer and related applications skills including
proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Five years of progressively responsible financial
- Strong management, critical thinking, active listening,
collaboration, and leadership skills.
- Discernible problem-solving and high-performance team building
- Experience with financial systems or enterprise-wide resource
planning system (ERP).
- Active or inactive CPA license and/or master’s degree in
business or related field.
- Experience in Higher Education accounting and budgeting at the
director level or higher.
- FENXT experience.
- Willingness to live and work in Klamath Falls, Oregon.
(Temporary and/or partial remote work arrangements may be
considered during the transitional period.)
For more information, please review the
Position Profile. If the direct link doesn’t
work in this advertisement, please go to https://eflassociates.cbiz.com/
and click on Open Positions and Higher Education.
THE SEARCH FIRM
an executive search firm, is assisting Oregon Tech
with its search for this important leadership position. All
calls and inquiries should be made through the search firm.
Nominations and applications will be held in strict confidence and
candidates will remain confidential until the final stage of the
search, at which time the express permission of finalists will be
obtained before making their candidacy public.
STEP 1: Complete a brief online
application (2-3 minutes): https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/OregonTechAVPFinance2
STEP 2: Send us your letter of interest
and résumé or curriculum vitae:
- Send to ApplyHigherEd@eflassociates.com
- Email subject line should read “Oregon Tech AVP for
Finance & Controller Application”
- Apply by February 11, 2022 for best consideration
QUESTIONS, CONFIDENTIAL INQUIRIES, OR