Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for a
nine-month, non-tenure track Lecturer of Civil and Environmental
Engineering faculty position in the Department of Civil and
Environmental Engineering beginning August 2022.
- Teaching undergraduate courses throughout the curriculum, with
emphasis on Structural Engineering combined with some service
activities that will include being the advisor of the Steel Bridge
competition team to ensure student success.
- Teaching a variety of general engineering courses and other
Civil Engineering courses with more focus on Structural Engineering
and Construction Engineering Specialties.
Required Qualifications Include
- Masters, or foreign equivalent, in Civil or Environmental
Engineering or related discipline
- Related work experience in teaching or industry
Preferred Qualifications Include
- An earned Ph.D., or the foreign equivalent in Civil or
Environmental Engineering or related field
- More than five years of industry experience
- Professional Engineer license or being able to obtain a
Professional Engineer license within 2 years
- Structural or Construction Engineering background
- Record of past teaching in higher education
- Ability or willingness to work with student competition teams
to assure student success
- Experience teaching in various delivery modes
- Evidence of teaching and working with a culturally and an
ethnically diverse community
For a full description of this position, application deadlines,
and application procedures, visit https://hr.kennesaw.edu/careers.php.
Search for Job ID 237859.
For more than 50 years, Kennesaw State University has been known
for its entrepreneurial spirit and sense of community. A leader in
innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State is located just
north of Atlanta, and combines a suburban setting on two
metro-Atlanta campuses in Kennesaw and Marietta. As one of
Georgia’s largest universities, Kennesaw State offers undergraduate
and graduate degrees, including a growing number of doctoral
programs. A member of the University System of Georgia, Kennesaw
State is committed to becoming a world-class academic institution
positioned to broaden its academic and research missions and expand
its scope on a local, regional and national level.
Kennesaw State University, a member of the University System of
Georgia, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and
does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability,
national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or
veteran status. Georgia is an Open Records state.