Bard College, a liberal arts college on the Hudson River, is a
private institution working in the public interest.
Employer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/100936
The Office of Financial Aid at Bard College is seeking a Financial
Aid Counselor to assist qualified students who might not be able to
attend a private college because of the cost. In recent years,
approximately two-thirds of all Bard students have received some
form of assistance from the College and/or federal, state, and
private programs. The Office of Financial Aid is instrumental in
helping our students obtain the assistance they need in order to
afford to attend college.
The successful candidate will excel at working in a community that
is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic
status, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and
This is a full-time, hourly, non-exempt, 12 month per year position
reporting to the Director of Financial Aid.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Assist in collecting applications, responding to inquiries, and
completing verification processes for undergraduate students.
- Assisting in the daily activities of the office including
counseling students and parents, responding to phone inquiries and
talking to prospective students.
- Processing and reconciling alternative Loans.
- Exit counseling for direct loans.
- Assist with monitoring financial aid email.
- Cross train to provide backup support for the Student
- Other duties as assigned by the director.
- Associate degree required; Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- 1-3 years of financial aid office experience preferred
- Experience with databases, in particular BANNER, is desirable,
as is experience in the higher education field.
- A sense of humor and excellent customer service skills are
- Attention to detail is extremely important.
- Must be able to build relationships with and support a student
body that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity,
socioeconomic status, gender, gender identity, nationality, sexual
orientation, and religion.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and work in
standard office environment.
- Must be able to occasionally lift 20 pounds.
- Must be able to work occasional weekends and evenings as
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, diversity statement
and the names of three references through Interfolio.com: http://apply.interfolio.com/100936
Bard offers an excellent benefit package. For more information
visit the HR page of the Bard College website at:
About Bard College
Bard College’s main campus is in Annandale-on-Hudson, N.Y., with
1,900 undergraduate students; the College also includes multiple
graduate programs. The 1,000-acre campus sits along the Hudson
River and offers the Fisher Performing Arts Center, and Hessel
Museum of Art, and is the home of the Bard Prison Initiative, the
largest college-degree-granting prison education program in the
U.S. The Bard Network also includes several Bard High School Early
Colleges across the country as well as international campuses and
The Bard Network is complex and demonstrates Bard’s priorities well
in addition to the College’s emphasis on civic engagement.
Bard College is a private institution working in the public
interest. Bard faculty and staff lead their students by example,
building upon the existing network of boundary-breaking programs
focused on rethinking who can and should be included in a liberal
arts education. Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome
applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical
disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and
reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment
practices, services, programs, and activities.