TITLE: Instructional Designer
REPORTS TO: Director of Instructional
Design in the Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Systems
LOCATION: Daemen College, Amherst NY Campus
- Collaborate with faculty members in the development or
conversion of courses for online and hybrid learning modalities
including the selection of appropriate technological,
instructional, and assessment strategies while meeting the
objectives of the course and honoring the academic goals of the
- Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to identify,
design, and develop course materials and assets using the Backward
Design model while managing course development projects.
- Actively review existing courses and offer recommendations for
continued refinement based on best practices in asynchronous
- Develop online lesson materials using faculty content, other
instructional content, software applications (e.g. Articulate Rise,
Camtasia, etc), and the Learning Management System
- Support faculty as needed in the use of instructional
technology in developing courses.
- Aid faculty in preparing proposed and existing online courses
for quality review in accordance with the Quality Matters (QM)
Higher Ed Rubric.
- Provide timely formative feedback and assistance to faculty for
the enhancement of face-to-face, hybrid, and online courses.
- Recommend innovative design, format, and/or technological
changes to further engage learners.
- Effectively lead instructional workshops and presentations on
innovative strategies to enhance teaching and learning.
- Collaborate with faculty on developing engaging content (e.g.,
video, audio, and/or interactive).
- Manage project timelines for instructional design
- Stay informed about instructional technologies and curricular
- Assist with accessibility needs in keeping with the Americans
with Disabilities Act.
- Serve on the Quality in Online Education Committee
- Take initiative to create user guides, tutorials, and other
resources as "on demand" references for faculty and staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Instructional Design, Education, or related
disciplines, Masters preferred.
- Experience with course design aimed at actively engaging
students and meeting the needs of adult learners preferred.
- Experience in higher education with a fluency in pedagogical
- Experience with conducting online course reviews and
communicating results and recommendations.
- Familiarity with common instructional design principles and
best practices (e.g., ADDIE, Integrated or Backwards Design,
formative feedback, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work both
collaboratively and independently as needed.
- Proficiency with Content or Learning Management Systems (e.g.
- Expertise in MS Office and/or Google Drive.
- Experience working on project teams to accomplish tasks and
milestones in a timely manner.
- Cover letter outlining qualifications based on job expectations
- Resume or CV.
- Names and contact information of 3 professional references
familiar with your instructional design work over the last 2-3
Terms of Employment: This position is a
full-time exempt position that may require extended or weekend
hours if warranted to meet the obligations of the position. The
College offers a full package of benefits.
Benefits: This is a full-time, 12 month,
hourly (non-exempt) position. Pay is competitive and includes full
benefits. Benefits are available the first of the month following
the full-time employee's date of hire and include health, dental,
vision insurance, and fully paid life insurance. In addition, we
offer fully paid long term disability insurance after 3 months of
employment. Eligibility for the 403b retirement plan is available
to full-time employees upon hire and an 8% employer match after one
year of service. Tuition waiver benefits are also available for
full-time employees and their qualified dependents.
Compensation: Salary is competitive and
commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Standard Background Check Required.
For consideration please submit CV, letter of interest, and
contact information for three professional references in the
attachments section of your application at http://daemen.applicantpro.com.
Incomplete packages will not be considered.
Daemen College is an AA/EOE and strongly encourages applications
from women, veterans, people of color, individuals with
disabilities and candidates who will contribute to and support the
cultural fluency and diversity of our campus. Apply directly
In order to be eligible to work at Daemen College,
all employees are required to receive a completed course of one of
the FDA approved COVID-19 vaccinations (Pfizer, Moderna or Johnson
& Johnson) or receive an exemption for a diagnosed medical or
deeply held religious belief (which must go through an approval
process). Employees not in compliance with this policy will not be
eligible to work at Daemen.