Primary Purpose of Position
The Financial Analyst Sr is primarily responsible for financial
management of the Department of Psychiatry; including VCU, MCV, and
MCVF functions and activities.
This position is responsible for:
- supervising and training fiscal and administrative staff;
- reviewing and approving financial transactions;
- managing the Department’s VCU indexes, MCVP cost centers, and
- data mining and analysis;
- financial reporting;
- assisting with budget preparation and execution;
- compiling, submitting, verifying, and distributing faculty pay
- coordinating contractual payments, consulting and medical/legal
- coordinating ARMICS and other internal control functions;
- assisting Department Chair, Administrator, and other leadership
positions with financial tasks/functions.
- Knowledge of financial and accounting principles and operations
- Ability to analyze, evaluate and interpret financial data and
draw sound conclusions.
- Proficient use of analytical tools and techniques and the
ability to apply them appropriately.
- Ability to fit into a team environment as characterized by
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage a variety of
projects and to work independently.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and
ability to work effectively at all levels - within and outside the
- Several years of financial analysis and/or accounting
experience; strong customer service skills needed.
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse
faculty, staff and student environment or commitment to do so as a
staff member at VCU.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, economics, or
business administration or equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of University and MCVP/MCVH financial systems
and databases (including but not limited to BANNER, Workday,
- Knowledge of academic medical center financial operations;
University title: Sr. Financial Specialist 1-3
Position will remain open until filled with a priority application
date of January 10.
Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) School of Medicine is a
premier academic medical center located in the heart of Richmond.
Accounting for almost half of VCU’s sponsored research, the School
of Medicine is internationally recognized for patient care and
education. VCU School of Medicine comprises 18 clinical
departments, eight basic health science departments, and 11
affiliated institutes and centers, and provides preeminent
education to physicians and scientists in order to improve the
quality of healthcare for humanity. All full-time university staff
are eligible for our generous benefits package that includes
choices for health, vision, and dental coverage, life-insurance,
short and long-term disability coverage, retirement planning,
tax-deferred annuity and cash match programs, flexible spending
accounts, tuition benefits, significant paid-time off,12 paid
holidays, and more. Explore our benefits further here:
The School of Medicine continuously strives for our workplace and
learning environment to reflect the demographic and social milieu
of the communities we serve. All qualified applicants are
encouraged to apply.
Salary Range: $55,800-$80,000
Employment Type: UF - University Employee FT
Restricted Status: No
Exemption Status: Exempt
Contact Name: Tammy Beltz
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 804-827-0058