Support Services Technician
***New hires for this position will be eligible for a $750
sign-on bonus at the completion of 180 days of
This position provides support to various work groups within the
Operations Department to assist with carrying out the departments
work in a nimble, efficient and streamlined manner. Work
groups/Tasks include: Custodial, Waste Management, Landscape
Services, Mail Center, Event Support, Moving and Delivery, and
Offer is contingent upon successful completion of a
criminal background check and a post-offer pre-employment
screening. Please see the physical demands section for additional
Moving and Delivery:
- Picks up and delivers U.S. mail, United Parcel packages,
Bookstore, reprographic items and stockroom supplies to various
departments and buildings, both on and off campus.
- Picks up and delivers materials, furniture and equipment to
- Sets up and removes articles for special events.
- Assists in the general warehousing of equipment, furniture and
- Provides delivery service, organizes warehousing and monitors
all campus storage.
Custodial and Floor Care:
- Collects and sorts co-mingled recyclables and removes
- Cleans and maintains the MRF and associated equipment.
- Pick up and shred confidential documents.
- Spray-buffs the floors on a routine cycle and periodically
scrubs, strips, and applies coats of seal/finish to floors.
- Shampoos floors on a routine cycle.
- Operates and maintains equipment such as steam machines,
pressure washers, autoscrubbers, buffers, wet vacs, sweepers and
- Assists in major cleanup following parties, events and/or in
- Washes windows.
- Cleans and disinfects bathrooms and kitchens; restocks
- Vacuums, dust mops and wet mops floors, and spot washes
- Dusts or vacuums furniture.
- Arranges classroom furniture, cleans chalkboards &
whiteboards, restocks chalk, markers and erasers.
- Cleans entrances and elevators.
- Sweeps outside steps and polices the outside perimeter of the
- Collects and removes all trash. Arranges furniture in social
- Identifies damage and missing items from assigned areas and
reports to team leader or supervisor.
- Responsible for cleaning up any blood spills/accidents using
- Maintenance and care of campus grounds. Tasks including but not
limited to: mowing, trimming, weeding, watering, mulching, and snow
Works cooperatively with others and accepts direction from team
leaders and supervisors. Performs all duties in a safe and
professional manner and in accordance with established departmental
practices and procedures.
- Interacts appropriately with the customer.
- Prepares daily work order log.
- Performs other duties as assigned to assist the department in
obtaining and maintaining its mission.
High School Diploma or GED required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Excellent interpersonal skills. Must interact appropriately with
customers and College community. Good organizational skills.
Ability to work Saturdays and Sundays as part of a regular or
rotating work shift. Must be available to work flexible shifts and
overtime. Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work
independently and as a team with minimal direction from supervisor.
Must be able to lift 10-30 lbs. frequently each day and up to 100
lbs. occasionally. Must be able to push and pull up to 150 lbs.
frequently. Must be able to perform frequent over-head reaching
movements. Requires frequent walking and stair climbing, as well as
long periods of time standing. Also requires frequent bending,
twisting, crouching and reaching. Ability to follow both oral and
written instructions including following diagrams. Ability to work
under pressure, manage multiple tasks and be able to respond to a
high volume of requests.
Must have valid driver’s license and good driving record.Must be
able to obtain a College driver’s license.
3 years experience in maintenance trades, equipment operation and
maintenance required. Minimum of 3 years driving experience
required with a preference for experience driving large vans and/or
box trucks. Must be able to read and accurately interpret floor
plans and accurately execute event diagrams and associated written
instructions. Custodial experience and floor care experience
Click here to view the full physical demand requirements for this
(Category Y screen)
Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background
check. Information on our background check policy can be found
To apply, visit https://middlebury.peopleadmin.com/postings/25449
Middlebury is an equal-opportunity employer where diversity,
equity, and inclusion are core values. To this end, Middlebury
recruits talented and diverse faculty, staff, and students from
across the United States and around the world. Middlebury
encourages applications from women, people of color, people with
disabilities, and members of other protected classes and
historically underrepresented communities. Middlebury also invites
applications from individuals who demonstrate an ongoing commitment
to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.