The Business Administrator is responsible for administering
various business processes. The position monitors data quality,
identify issues, develop business process improvement solutions,
communicate across departments and teams, and ensure processes and
data entered are being administered timely and consistently. This
role has (5) areas of responsibility: Procurement, Payment
and Contract process administration, Database process
administration, General Accounting Support, Client Service and
Front Office administration. This position manages (3) list hosts –
Contract, Payment and Accounting help and manages ePayment
requests, contract intake requests and IT acquisition processes:
end to end order from follow-up on outstanding requests to
close-out. The position receives and reviews IT orders via HEAT
system, analyzes and inputs them into BUYSITE system. Works with IT
department to order, follow-up and close-out IT orders.
Provides general accounting support for cash receipts: cash,
check, credit card and wire transfers for incoming receipts to
Booth; PayPal reconciliation and month end closing transfers. The
position manages database inputs for Contracts, ePayments, IT
orders, general accounting, etc., to create and manage various
analytical reporting from ACCESS database to maintain contract,
purchasing and payment workflow optimization.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Contract, Procurement, Payment
- Monitor list host: Contract, Payment, and Accounting Help
daily. Respond to supplier issues, review and approve proposed
transactions within the processing queue. Run and review weekly
report with management for any open requests and resolve.
- Administer incoming contracts via intake portal into the
database daily and assign to contract reviewers. Review and
identify contract payment terms, (e.g. deposits, percentage
completed and residual payments due) and record schedule of
payments in the contract database.
- Process and manage the day-to-day operations of the IT purchase
request orders (come through HEAT) to create BuySite requisitions.
Manage (PO) invoices and perform daily download Onbase e-payment
data (non-PO) to Accounting database and review completeness of the
data for the payment approver within a procurement framework.
Pay some IT orders through GEMS credit card and reconcile.
- Provide support for acquisition and payment activities by
generating standard and custom reports from University systems
(Business Objects, Accounts Payable Systems, Buysite and OnBase).
Manage on-time and error free payment and PO reconciliation process
to oversee the month-end close including the review of outstanding
IT orders with Procurement Sourcing Manager.
Database Process Administration:
- Create New Users profile and update status in the database and
- Data quality assurance checks to ensure data accuracy with
University systems is recorded in accounting database.
- Administer Certificate of Insurance and Theft Insurance
Database to generate reports for insurance renewals.
General Accounting Support:
- Manage cash receipt deposits including check, credit card and
wire transfers; Manage PayPal reconciliation monthly and month-end
closing transactions and billing.
- Administer programs such as the meal voucher program and
recharge functions for Wolfgang Puck catering and meal vouchers,
UPS, FEDEX and Insurance billing.
- Set up new users to access University financial systems such as
InfoView, ACCTS, FAS, OnBase and Business Objects
- Develop Booth users training for accounting systems and work
with the Director of Accounting and Budget to develop training
materials and provide training.
Client Service and Front Office
- Develop procedures, establish standards to ensure that the
Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met and customer satisfaction
is achieved through feedback and reporting. Responsible for
developing logistics to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Administer Booth branded products and stationery program.
- Administer the multi-function device program (user management,
billing and training).
- Act as front office administration support for accounting team
and perform other office-related duties.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required; either Business, Supply Chain,
Finance, or Accounting preferred.
- A minimum of one to two years of relevant professional
experience is required.
- Contract management, contract language precision skills are
- Knowledge of University Financial Systems like FAS/APS,
Business Objects, BuySite, GEMS, ACCTS, Onbase, ePayment is highly
- Strong planning skills to set up systems, visualize business
process mapping, and streamline accounting and finance functions
- Accounting terminology and software familiarity; finance
workflow solutions preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office: especially EXCEL
and ACCESS, is required. The role will heavily focus on these two
applications so proficiency in both is crucial.
- Skills with SQL, Visual Basic or VISIO are preferable.
- Strong spread sheeting and data visualization skills
- Proficiency in Database and database reporting is
- Proficiency in web-based technology required.
- Extremely detail oriented and dedicated to accuracy and
- Excellent analytical, organizational, time management and
follow up skills required.
- Self-motivation and ability to problem solve required.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment required.
- Ability to produce high quality of work required.
Interested candidates should apply directly to the University of
Chicago job board. Only applicants that apply directly to the job
board will be considered for the position. If the link does not
send you to the job posting please copy and paste into your web
browser. Thank you for your interest in The University of Chicago,
Booth School of Business!
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on
the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual
with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information,
or other protected classes under the law. For additional
information, please see the University’s Notice of
Nondiscrimination. Academic job seekers in need of a reasonable
accommodation to complete the application process should call
773-702-5671 or email ACOppAdministrator@uchicago.edu with their
request. Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to
complete the application process should call 773-834-1841 or email
firstname.lastname@example.org with their request.