ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR – GEOGRAPHY
WILBUR WRIGHT COLLEGE
Wilbur Wright College, one of the City Colleges of Chicago, seeks
part-time faculty to teach geography. The ideal candidate will have
demonstrated success in the classroom by developing and using
effective teaching strategies that meet students’ diverse needs and
engage students in critical thinking and problem-solving.
- Designs courses to meet learning outcomes and promotes
students’ active participation in their own learning.
- Creates an effective learning environment that fosters
students’ intellectual curiosity and helps students to problem
solve using discipline-specific thinking strategies.
- Employs a variety of formative and summative assessments to
ensure that classroom instruction leads to student learning and the
attainment of student learning outcomes for the course.
- Helps students reach their academic, personal, and career goals
and fosters a safe environment that respects the diversity of
individuals and ideas by modeling respect for all students and
conveying confidence in every student’s ability to learn.
- Contributes to and provides leadership in academic and
professional communities and promotes collaboration and teamwork
among members of these communities.
All interested candidates, including current CCC employees, must
submit the following documents for review:
- Master's Degree in Geography.
- Knowledge of a Learning Management System preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and
demonstrated ability to communicate with a diverse group of
students and staff required.
- Experience with a diverse, multi-lingual student population
desired, as is a commitment to the open access mission of the
- Letter of interest
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Legible copy of your college transcripts (unofficial
transcripts initially accepted; official transcripts must be
provided at time of interview)
- Two letters of recommendation
If size limits prohibit you from attaching your documents, please
email required attachments to WR_HR@ccc.edu.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
- Seeking candidate to teach face-to-face courses. For in-person
sessions, adherence to CDC guidelines and masks required.
Thank you for your interest in CCC!