Associate Vice President (AVP) for
Department: Institutional Advancement
Unit/Department: Institutional Advancement
Title of Immediate Supervisor: Vice
President for Institutional Advancement
Purpose of Position:
- Responsible for the day to day management of the
advancement, alumni relations, development and fundraising staff,
working with them to design, implement, and direct an integrated
and comprehensive advancement program, with special emphasis on
identifying, cultivating, soliciting, engaging and stewarding
support to provide long-term financial
- Help further develop and orchestrate the implementation of the
division's strategic plan to advance institutional advancement
- Work closely with the direct supervisor, the president's
office, the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs, the deans
and academic/administrative department heads, and the Athletics
Director to explore and execute projects and programs as
- Oversee the execution of high level institutional special
events that advance the awareness, appreciation, and understanding
of the mission, values, accomplishments, and goals of the
- Assess, build, manage, and lead a high performing team of
- Nurture and provide counsel on matters relating to advancement
and fundraising strategy.
- Evaluate staff members, mentor and coach, develop a strong
sense of teamwork, and establish an environment of collaboration,
nimbleness, problem-solving, creative thinking, and alumni and
Roles and responsibilities:
- Work with leadership to review existing recognition and
associated events to maximize impact and effectiveness.
- Oversee and/or assist with all institutional advancement
related events including, but not limited to: scholarship
receptions, donor recognition, ribbon cutting ceremonies and other
events as assigned by the Vice President for Institutional
- Collaborate and work on high level institutional events such
as: Commencement, Convocation, Founders Celebration, Scholarship
Gala, Academic Festival, and the Excellence Awards Dinner.
- Assist direct supervisor and Chief of Staff with events at
- Working closely with Advancement Services, regularly review
management tools to ensure regular and timely stewardship.
- Evaluate the quality and impact of the donor
- Collaborate with other departments to create strategies for
developing donor relations/stewardship standards across campus for
the purpose of creating an energetic and enthusiastic culture of
- Identify and cultivate a stewardship portfolio of
individuals/donors who need to be kept top of mind for all
- Proactively support gift officers in design and execution of
annual and multi-year stewardship plans (calendar of opportunities)
for donors and top prospects.
- Develop a process to document and track stewardship action for
individual alumni and friends.
- Serve as a creative resource in identifying and developing new
opportunities for community relations, stewardship/donor relations
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field from an accredited
college or university. Master's degree preferred, CFRE
- 7-15 years of progressive, responsible management and
leadership experience, preferably in higher education,
philanthropy, or nonprofit management.
- Demonstrated expertise and creativity in developing or
supporting Institutional Advancement strategy; ability to establish
credibility with many stakeholders to build trust and buy-in for
- An energetic, polished, professional, and dynamic leader with a
proven ability to build and enhance relationships and manage a high
- A strong work ethic and the ability to manage multiple projects
in a fast-paced and nimble environment, excellent written and
verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with
diverse audiences effectively.
- Knowledge and understanding of typical fund-raising strategies
for a small private institution.
- Ability to be creative by understanding and leveraging
relationships and innovative products and tools.
- Proven track record of fundraising success including personal
solicitation of major gifts.
- Ability to analyze and present data, leveraging findings to
- Strong sense of self-motivation and the ability to lead, coach,
mentor, and inspire others.
- Collaborative, collegial, and professional approach to
interactions with all stakeholders.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Technical proficiency with and strong knowledge of CRM
- Flexibility to work long hours, weekends, and evenings, and to
travel to visit potential prospects and donors.
- Advanced direct-solicitation and/or educational fundraising
experience is preferred.
Terms of Employment: This position is a
full-time exempt position that may require extended or weekend
hours if warranted to meet the obligations of the position. The
College offers a full package of benefits.
Compensation: Salary is competitive and
commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Benefits: This is a full-time, 12 month, hourly
(non-exempt) position. Pay is competitive and includes full
benefits. Benefits are available the first of the month following
the full-time employee's date of hire and include health, dental,
vision insurance, and fully paid life insurance. In addition, we
offer fully paid long term disability insurance after 3 months of
employment. Eligibility for the 403b retirement plan is available
to full-time employees upon hire and an 8% employer match after one
year of service. Tuition waiver benefits are also available for
full-time employees and their qualified dependents.
Standard Background Check Required.
For consideration please submit CV, letter of interest, and
contact information for three professional references in the
attachments section of your application at http://daemen.applicantpro.com.
Incomplete packages will not be considered.
Daemen College is an AA/EOE and strongly encourages applications
from women, veterans, people of color, individuals with
disabilities and candidates who will contribute to and support the
cultural fluency and diversity of our campus. Apply directly
In order to be eligible to work at Daemen College,
all employees are required to receive a completed course of one of
the FDA approved COVID-19 vaccinations (Pfizer, Moderna or Johnson
& Johnson) or receive an exemption for a diagnosed medical or
deeply held religious belief (which must go through an approval
process). Employees not in compliance with this policy will not be
eligible to work at Daemen.