Helena College University of Montana a comprehensive two-year
college, provides access to and support of high quality lifelong
educational opportunities for our diverse community. Helena College
is seeking qualified applicants who wish to become part of a
dynamic and creative team for a full-time position as a Computer
Systems Analyst III.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Computer System Analyst III position at Helena College is a
Lead/Senior position responsible for long-range planning, design,
evaluation and implementation of data processing systems, such as
our Banner ERP. This position analyzes diverse client needs
covering multiple departments supported by IT, applying
advanced/expert systems analysis and project management tools and
techniques in managing multiple projects. Developing complex new
data-processing systems or devise new multi-dimensional ways to
apply existing systems' resources to additional operations. This
position is expected to research, program/develop, and resolve
problems in the production systems quickly and effectively,
implement IT technology solutions, work collaboratively with
various UM functional support teams, including team DBA’s,
Enterprise Technologies, Self-Service functionality, Application
Development, and Identity Management teams.
The Computer System Analyst III helps mentor other Helena College
IT team members; assisting in training and clarification of
projects. This position develops and implements related policies
and procedures as well as provides high-level of technical
consultation finding innovative technical solutions to customer
needs through in-depth testing, problem diagnosis and recommending
Management and Supervision of Others:
This position will not be a supervisory position, but will
mentor/advise junior level programmers and provide
guidance/direction on projects, technologies, and methodologies for
the junior level programmers.
The successful candidate can work in either Helena or Missoula as
their primary campus location.
Lead, senior level analyst that can tackle the most complex
projects, and mentor Helena College IT staff in the development and
support of our Enterprise Systems.
Preferred Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and/or
- Preference given for experience with ERP software such as
Ellucian Banner or an equivalent, and related systems.
- Expert knowledge of relational databases, including Oracle
RDMS, PL/SQL, and the SQL language.
- Experience and familiarity with an industry standard
programming language such as Java or other Object-oriented
- Proficiency in use of Windows based IDE's that facilitate
program and system development (PL/SQL Developer, WinSCP,
- Ability to gather user specifications independently, and
translate those specifications to functioning software.
- Extensive analytical and troubleshooting (problem
- Ability to apply analytical skills to complex problems.
- Expert understanding of relational database design and
programming techniques in large scale/multi schema
- Knowledge and functional use of GIT repositories and source
- Knowledge/Experience with Apache Tomcat and Oracle
- Highly proficient with Unix/Linux operating systems and
relevant OS utilities.
- Expert knowledge of designing user interfaces and writing
reports using an industry standard report writing tool.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; professional
customer service skills with the ability to share complex
information with others.
- Expert in analytical and problem-solving skills,
time-management, and organizational skills to complete tasks with
critical deadlines while paying attention to detail.
- Ability to follow and apply Helena College/University of
Montana and departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to work directly with users to assess needs and
determine future directions.
- Manage complex projects and perform tasks in all phases of the
software development lifecycle including gathering specifications,
conceptual design, detail design, programming, testing and ongoing
- Ability to work independently on large scale projects, with
minimal direction from the Information Technology Director.
- Ability to take responsibility of a project or problem, serve
as a project lead for programming, testing and implementation, and
to serve as the primary point of contact for ongoing
- Ability to provide backup to the Managing Systems Analyst and
to be flexible in work schedule as needed for system coverage.
- Support and Troubleshoot integrations with 3rd party systems
using our data integration platforms, and coordinate with
functional users and/or vendors on testing and support of data
- Degree in software development and at least five (5) years of
related work experience or an equivalent combination of education
Benefit and Salary Information:
- Experience in working with a Student, Human Resources, or
Finance information system of a higher education institution.
$26.94 - $33.03 hourly.
Benefits include a comprehensive group insurance benefits program
including medical plan options with prescription drug and dental
plan, vision exam coverage, an employee assistance program (EAP),
retirement plan, life and disability insurance options, flexible
spending and dependent care account options, and optional long-term
care insurance. Mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver.
Additional information on benefits can be found by visiting:
Please email your :
- Cover letter with past experience, be specific about the type
of work you performed, the type of support provided, and the type
of problems you encountered and how you resolved those
- A detailed resume which includes duties, dates of employment
and education level attained.
- And 3 to 5 professional references including telephone contact
Deadline to Apply:
This position is open until filled, the first review will be on
Monday, March 14, 2022, at 11:59pm. Applications received after
this date may be considered until an adequate applicant pool has
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to Offer of
In accordance with University policy, finalists for
this position will be subject to criminal background
investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference -
accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with
disabilities. For example, this material is available in
alternative format upon request. As an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications
from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may
request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with
state law. References -
*References not listed on the
application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to
the applicant. Testing -
Individual hiring departments at
UM-M may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are
relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility
All New Employees must be eligible and show employment
eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as
legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
Montana, United States
26.94 - 33.03