Faculty Position - Biological Sciences
Department of Biological Sciences
The Department of Biological Sciences invites applications for a
full-time, tenure-track faculty position at the Assistant Professor
level to begin Fall 2022. Vanguard University seeks professionals
of Christian faith who are committed to integration of faith and
learning in their respective fields. The applicants must have
demonstrated teaching ability, commitment to mentoring a diverse
student population, and a commitment to working with and
Courses to be taught may include:
• Fundamentals of Biology for Non-Majors and its associated
• Principles of Cell and Molecular Biology and its associated
• Principles of Organismal Biology its associated lab
• Other courses within the Biology department as needed
• Teach above-mentioned coursework in Biological Sciences.
• Challenge thinking, foster debate and develop the ability of
students to engage in critical discourse and thinking regarding
• Collaborate with department faculty in curriculum implementation,
student support, and continuous program improvement.
• Identify risks to the organization within the department and
discuss risk reduction options with immediate supervisor.
• Facilitate the learning of first-generation college students and
incorporate culturally-relevant pedagogy within the
• Mentor students in development of their projects, and their
critical evaluation of peer-reviewed articles and other published
• Transfer knowledge including theory, practical skills, methods
and techniques in his/her related field. Help students develop
applied research skills.
• Participate in academic activities at the program and/or
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Candidates with a Ph.D. in Biological Sciences.
• Candidates must have evidence of a strong commitment to
• Ability to interact successfully within a multicultural
environment and work harmoniously with students, colleagues, and
• Experience in using learning management systems to augment
• Possess a vibrant Christian faith, and commitment to an
academically rigorous integration of faith and learning.
Full-time position. Rank and salary are commensurate with
qualifications and experience.
Please complete and submit the Faculty application along with the
below documents to email@example.com
. Please do not
send your documents directly to the Department Chair.
• Accompanying essays
• Personal Testimony of Relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Philosophy of Christian Education and Role of a Christian
• Integration of Faith, Teaching and Scholarship.
• Curriculum vita
• One to three letters of reference
• Copies of unofficial transcripts
*Email must include all the above requested attachments and a
completed Faculty application in order to be considered. Review of
applications begins immediately; applications will be accepted
until position is filled or until there are a sufficient number of
applicants. Vanguard University will conduct a background check on
the final candidate.
More information about the Department of Biological Sciences can be
found on our web site
Roxanna Ochoa, PhD
Chair, Department of Biological Sciences
55 Fair Drive
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Phone: (714) 619-6466