Training Manager (COF), Economic & Workforce
Kern Community College District
$87,266.37 - $115,288.30 Annually
Under the direction of the Executive Director, Economic Development
and Corporate Training, the Training Manager will oversee and
conduct training, curriculum development and training program
planning activities related to Economic and Workforce Development
training programs; and will train and manage training staff.
The Training Manager will conduct and manage activities related to
workforce skills training for multiple industries within the
District's service area. Duties will include:
1. Develop curriculum for short-cycle workforce training which
addresses the needs of industry in the District's service
2. Consult and collaborate with the area businesses regarding their
specific workforce needs and identifying the skill sets required
for employment in the priority industries in the District's service
3. Deliver training to prepare participants for careers.
4. Guide and direct project staff in the execution of training
programs activities. Train, develop and oversee the instructor
5. Coordinate and schedule instructors and training activities
ensuring availability of instructor's, classrooms, lab space,
curriculum materials and training equipment.
6. Develop new workforce skills training programs to meet the
changing needs of business, industry, and government, within the
District service area.
7. Oversee the design, development, and implementation of training
programs and initiatives. Provide technical expertise to translate
industry needs and skills sets into training curriculum.
8. Participate in the selection/hiring of staff/faculty,
subordinate staff; evaluate and recommend disciplinary action as
appropriate; train and assign subordinate staff;and provide
recommendations concerning performance and/or promotions.
9. Participate in advisory and collaborative partnerships with
economic development organizations, Workforce Investment Boards,
industry associations, and other workforce intermediaries.
10. Provide basic technical assistance and faculty in-service
opportunities to enhance the District's capacity to provide
11. Keep current on developments in the local labor market by
participating in industry conferences and workshops and by reading
12. Maintain the reporting and accountability necessary to ensure
that the Economic and Workforce Development training program is in
alignment with work plans from funding sources.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university Or an
AA plus five years experience providing training in a corporate or
- Master's Degree desirable
- Five years of training or teaching experience
- Demonstrated understanding of trends in corporate and
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse,
academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, and disabilities
backgrounds of community college students and employees
Knowledge and Abilities
- Adult Learning Theory I.
- Corporate and Industrial Training practices.
- Advantages of different training modalities.
- Workforce service providers
- Employment Training Panel Funding eligibility and
- Manage instructors
- Meet schedules and timelines
- Work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Establish good working relationships with a variety of
individuals and organizations and facilitate inter- organizational
- Learn College and District organization and applicable
operations, policies, and procedures
- Utilize internet research, computer word processing, electronic
mail, and spreadsheet programs
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Travel to meetings around the state
RANGE$ 87,866.37 -
$ 115,288.30 annuallyMaximum Entry Level Salary: $92,314.62
Review of Applications: Complete application packets will
be accepted until the position is filled; but those received by
February 4, 2022 are assured consideration. The College
reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the
recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
It is the applicant's responsibility to redact (or remove) any
personal information from all documents prior to uploading. This
includes Social Security Numbers, Date of Birth, and any photos of
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
- Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
- List of five (5) professional references - Listed on
Foreign Degree: Applicants with foreign degrees from colleges or
universities outside of the United States must have their
coursework evaluated by a professional association that is a member
of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services
(NACES) or Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute, INC. (ACEI).
A copy of the evaluation must be submitted with your on-line
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in
the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the
necessary arrangements. EEO Plan 2021-2024
Note: The District is strongly committed to
achieving staff diversity and the principles of equal employment
opportunity. The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants
and does not discriminate on the basis of national origin,
religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or
ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry,
sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability,
pregnancy, or because he/she is perceived to have one or more of
the foregoing characteristics, or based on association with a
person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived
characteristics or any other characteristic protected by federal,
state or local law, in any of its policies, procedures or
Discrimination Free Work Environment
District does not provide sponsorship for authorization to work in
the United States. Work authorization should be established at the
time of application submission.
All applicants must apply online at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/kccd/jobs/3357264/training-manager-cof-economic-workforce-development
Emails will not be accepted.