Assistant Director of Conference and Event
Auxiliary & Event Services
The position is responsible for the administration and coordination
in planning and scheduling of conferences, workshops, meetings,
summer camps and related functions. The main objective is to
generate revenue from these and other potential income generating
The ideal candidate will display a passion for the events industry
and have a strong background in sales, event delivery, logistics
and customer service.
Executive Director, Auxiliary and
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
REQUIREMENTS: (Knowledge, skills and abilities)
- Provide leadership and administration of a visionary conference
- Ensure that events we are considering hosting on campus comply
with our Momentum 2 goals.
- Follow the strategies of the departments Sales Action
- Responsible for overseeing the planning of all contracted
events; including sales, screening of clients, negotiation of
contracts and operational preparations.
- Respond to sales inquiries within 24 hours.
- Responsible for generating business through networking,
collaborations and community involvement.
- Manage all components of the Event Sales aspect of the
operation including, execution of contracts, certificate of
insurance, deposits, final invoice payments, room sets, audio
visual needs and catering coordination.
- Serve as the conference liaison with other university
- Manage the Conferencing social media account; provide active
posts and pictures.
- Forecast revenue and recommend summer rates based on market
- Provide monthly reporting on all sales related activity.
- Process final invoices within three business days of close of
- Supervise event planning and delivery with overall
- Must collaborate closely with the Event Services team to ensure
all aspects of the “booking” set up and servicing are communicated
- Provide detailed group information at the weekly operations
meeting; ensuring all campus departments are properly informed of
- Coordinate advertising and marketing efforts with the
university communications department.
- Make sure all web pages internally or with third party such as
Unique Venues are regularly updated with appropriate
- Act as Manager on duty for the department when Executive
Director or Associate Director is not present.
- Input all sales information and communications into
- Responsible for training of any personnel utilized in the sales
- Assist in Event Servicing and management of internal and
external groups as requested or needed.
- During summer periods assist Event Services with room
assignments, group check in and out of residential housing and
acting as event contact for overnight groups. Take lead on event
- Provide excellent customer service in all areas of event
booking and planning.
- Maintain a safe environment for guests, campers, employees and
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate effectively - orally, by phone, in
person, and in writing.
- Ability to identify priorities and manage complex tasks
- Ability to establish and maintain effective communications with
coworkers, administrators, students, clients, vendors and guest to
- Ability to present conference sales and operational activity to
campus leadership as needed.
- Knowledge and ability to plan and coordinate the logistics of
- Full working knowledge of Salesforce, Excel, Word and
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, abilities in marketing
including the ability to develop and implement a marketing plan,
identify potential clients and develop sales material.
- Must be proficient in managing social media accounts.
- Must have experience in a position that required customer
service and interpersonal skills dealing with difficult people and
high stress, complicated situations.
- Sitting, walking and standing for long periods.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends as needed and
- Ability to travel and meet clients at various campus
- Able to reach, bend, pull, push and lift up to 50lbs. when
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of three years of sales experience in the conference
and events industry, preferably in a university setting.
- Experience with Salesforce is highly desirable.
- None at this time.
- Increase of Sales Event staffing levels will be based on the
increase of revenue and/or services provided by the
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally
ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated
to transforming students' lives through small classes with
world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to
support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional
liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with
particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and
Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health
and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World
Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational
university, serving almost 8,000 students at its beautiful main
campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson
Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers more
than 60 undergraduate programs, more than 65 master's degree and
doctoral programs, and more than 35 certificate programs in the
liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful
partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 116,000
graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from
43 states and 64 countries, and rising rankings from top
publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that
plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
To apply, visit https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=39&rid=2680