Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a
comprehensive global research university and a major engine for
economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students,
Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel
has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged
university, with community partnerships integrated into every
aspect of service and academics.
The Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics at the Dornsife
School of Public Health, Drexel University invites applications for
an Administrative Coordinator. This position will assist with
department operations including budgeting, purchasing, human
resources, program management, bi-weekly payroll, and supporting
pre- and post- award for externally funded projects linked to the
department, help coordinate specific aspects of the graduate
programs, and be responsible for administrative and financial
aspects of the Biostatistics Scientific Collaboration Center.
- Assist with federal and non-federal research proposal
development, including budget development through to application
submission for department investigators and act as liaison with
external institutions during proposal development.
- Assist with staffing the department, including preparation of
Professional Staff job descriptions for routing and approval
through PageUp, and preparation of hiring documents for Graduate
Fellows, Bi-Weekly Employees, and Non-Employee Associates.
- Coordinate the onboarding process for Visiting Scholars,
International Students, and Employees with International Students
and Scholars Services (ISSS).
- Assist with award set-up including the initiation and
processing of sub-award documentation, assist with Just-In-Time
requests from sponsors, work with Research Accounting Services
(RAS) to properly load budgets. Review new award set-up
documentation for terms and conditions, award restrictions or
sponsor requirements for the fiscal and administrative management
- Assist with Award Management by performing monthly
reconciliations in accordance with established standard operating
procedures to effectively monitor each award’s financial
activities. Prepares financial and labor documents. Tracks subaward
invoice processing, and sponsor payments/accounts receivable.
Assists with quarterly effort reports including tracking completion
of certifications. Assist with report preparation and submission to
sponsors. Prepares documents for Award Closeout and tracks for
Provide administrative support for the Biostatistics Scientific
Collaboration Center (BSC) including the following tasks:
- Manage requests and billing for the BSC.
- Work with Director to develop and implement a new tracking
system for the BSC, which allows for better distribution of tasks
and better tracking of hours/billing.
- Organizing, managing and collecting data about the BSC
- Prepare work orders, check requests, purchase requisitions
through SmartSource for the BSC.
- Manage PCard purchases necessary for BSC operations.
- Clerical activities such as mailings, typing, photocopying,
completing forms as they pertain to the BSC.
- Assisting with travel arrangements, both local and national,
including scheduling, purchasing tickets, managing itineraries, and
submitting and tracking reimbursements necessary for BSC
- Manage calendar and schedule appointments for Director.
Provide administrative support for the graduate programs including
the following tasks:
- Assist the Program Directors in the coordination of program
outreach, intake, evaluation, and orientation processes.
- Assist in the development of program materials and forms
specific to program operations and student data tracking.
- Collaborate with Dornsife Office of Academic Affairs and
central university offices, serving as a liaison between the
department and these collaborators.
- Assist the department chair in strategic planning as it relates
to academic programming and provide support for identifying and
hiring adjuncts and Teaching Assistants.
- Assist program directors with doctoral student funding
assignments in collaboration with the Sr. Business
- Excellent understanding of accounting and budgeting concepts
and ability to apply those principles.
- Strong organizational, administrative, file management, time
management and critical thinking skills while maintaining careful
attention to detail. Ability to organize, prioritize workload and
meet deadlines in a multi‐task, multi‐faceted work
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, advanced
knowledge of Excel and proficient with other web-based programs and
- Complete tasks in a consistent, reliable, and repeatable
- Willingness and interest to assume increasing responsibilities,
networking, leadership and training opportunities.
- Results-oriented with a positive attitude and excellent
listening skills. Must be comfortable with maintaining a high
degree of confidentiality and integrity when handling sensitive
- Excellent communication skills‐both oral and written‐to elicit
and communicate information, to analyze data, and to
prepare/present clear, informative, and concise materials.
- Excellent customer service skills and a strong service-oriented
attitude. The ability to interact and work effectively with a broad
range of people, including but not limited to, Deans, Faculty,
Staff, Students, University Leaders, and any additional key points
- Bachelor’s Degree, an equivalent combination of education and
experience may be considered.
- At least 1 year of directly related experience is required
- Prior grant experience in Higher Education with Federal and
Non-Federal funding sources (NIH, NSF, Foundations, other Federal
or Non-Federal Sponsors).
- Experience using systems such as Banner, COEUS Lite, InfoEd,
JPMorgan PaymentNET, SmartSource (SciQuest), PageUp, Hyperion
University City – Philadelphia, PA
This position is classified as non-exempt
with a salary
grade of H.
For more information regarding Drexel’s
Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when
submitting your application.
Review of applicants will continue until a suitable candidate pool
Dec 22 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Jun 20 2022 Eastern Daylight Time