Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for an
open rank, nine-month, tenure track Associate Professor or
Professor faculty position of Directing in the Department of
Theatre and Performance Studies beginning August 2022. Rank is
determined at the time of hiring and will be commensurate with
- Teach 3/2 course load in the Core of the major as well as in
Directing including: Introduction to Theatre Studies, Directing,
and Senior Seminar among other courses.
- Support production season administratively as Artistic
Director: direct in the season, identify/recruit guest artists for
the production season, provide rehearsal feedback to guest artists
and faculty directors, attend design and production meetings,
ensure artistic excellence in the Department.
- Provide artistic vision and oversight to the TPS production
- Mentor student directors.
- Assist College Marketing and Communications with promotional
materials for the TPS Production Season.
- Outreach to Atlanta’s thriving arts community.
- Collaborate with the Chair on fundraising and
community-building efforts as they relate to supporting the
- Maintain robust agenda of professional creative activity and/or
- Engage in Departmental, College, and University service.
- Mentor students who are broadly diverse across race, ethnicity,
socio-economic status, gender, and sexuality.
Required Qualifications Include
- An earned Master’s/Terminal/Doctorate, or the foreign
equivalent, in Directing or related field is required.
- Established record of excellence in directing in the
- A record of excellence in teaching, service, and scholarship
and/or creative activity commensurate to the rank of Associate
Professor or Professor.
- An established body of peer-reviewed scholarship and/or
creative activity at the regional, national and/or international
Preferred Qualifications Include
- Established record of excellence as a professional director on
the national and/or international level.
- Evidence of teaching and working with a culturally and an
ethnically diverse community.
For a full description of this position, application deadlines,
and application procedures, visit https://hr.kennesaw.edu/careers.php.
Search for Job ID 237650.
For more than 50 years, Kennesaw State University has been known
for its entrepreneurial spirit and sense of community. A leader in
innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State is located just
north of Atlanta, and combines a suburban setting on two
metro-Atlanta campuses in Kennesaw and Marietta. As one of
Georgia’s largest universities, Kennesaw State offers undergraduate
and graduate degrees, including a growing number of doctoral
programs. A member of the University System of Georgia, Kennesaw
State is committed to becoming a world-class academic institution
positioned to broaden its academic and research missions and expand
its scope on a local, regional and national level.
Kennesaw State University, a member of the University System of
Georgia, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and
does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability,
national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or
veteran status. Georgia is an Open Records state.