Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for a
nine-month, tenure track Assistant Professor of Costume Design
faculty position in the Department of Theatre and Performance
Studies beginning August 2022.
- Teach 3/3 course load in costume design, costume construction,
stage makeup, theatrical production, period styles, and other
topics in their area of expertise.
- Design for the department season and mentor students through
the design process.
- Maintain robust agenda of professional creative activity and/or
- Engage in Departmental, College, and University service.
- Mentor students who are broadly diverse across race, ethnicity,
socio-economic status, gender, and sexuality.
Required Qualifications Include
- An earned Master’s/Terminal/Doctorate, or the foreign
equivalent, in Costume Design or related field is required.
- Established record of excellence in costume design in the
- A record of excellence in teaching, service, and scholarship
and/or creative activity
- An established body of peer-reviewed scholarship and/or
creative activity at the regional, national and/or international
Preferred Qualifications Include
- Established record of excellence as a professional designer on
the national and/or international level.
- Evidence of teaching and working with a culturally and an
ethnically diverse community
For a full description of this position, application deadlines,
and application procedures, visit https://hr.kennesaw.edu/careers.php.
Search for Job ID 237651.
For more than 50 years, Kennesaw State University has been known
for its entrepreneurial spirit and sense of community. A leader in
innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State is located just
north of Atlanta, and combines a suburban setting on two
metro-Atlanta campuses in Kennesaw and Marietta. As one of
Georgia’s largest universities, Kennesaw State offers undergraduate
and graduate degrees, including a growing number of doctoral
programs. A member of the University System of Georgia, Kennesaw
State is committed to becoming a world-class academic institution
positioned to broaden its academic and research missions and expand
its scope on a local, regional and national level.
Kennesaw State University, a member of the University System of
Georgia, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and
does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability,
national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or
veteran status. Georgia is an Open Records state.