Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for a
nine-month, non-tenure track Clinical Assistant Professor of
Microbiology faculty position in the Department of Molecular and
Cellular Biology that begins August 2022.
This is a full-time position with the potential for additional
compensation during the summer depending on departmental needs.
A major responsibility of the position is to serve as a
departmental coordinator for the Microbiology courses which are
serving the population of students pursuing a nursing degree.
Depending on the candidate’s interests, additional
responsibilities may include conducting research on teaching and
learning in undergraduate education or engaging in service to the
Department, University, and/or the general and professional
communities. Candidates for this position must demonstrate a strong
commitment to undergraduate teaching, inclusivity in the classroom
and student success, and have experience in teaching
Successful candidates for this nine-month, non-tenure track
position will be expected to:
- Teach Fundamental Microbiology courses, including lectures and
laboratory sections each semester
- Refine the curriculum to meet the needs of the diverse students
whom we serve and to position them to be leaders in allied health
- Supervise graduate student assistants teaching the course
- Support part-time and full-time faculty teaching the
- Develop and implement effective assessment tools that can be
used to analyze teaching effectiveness and improve student
- Participate in professional service within the Department, the
College of Science and Mathematics, the University and beyond.
- An earned Doctorate degree, or its foreign equivalent, in
computing or a closely related field.
Preferred Qualifications Include
- Previous experience in teaching Microbiology courses and labs
in the university setting
- Demonstrable commitment to inclusive excellence incorporated
- Previous experience in supervising graduate teaching
- Experience in teaching on-line or hybrid courses
For a full description of this position, application deadlines,
and application procedures, visit https://hr.kennesaw.edu/careers.php.
Search for Job ID 237637.
For more than 50 years, Kennesaw State University has been known
for its entrepreneurial spirit and sense of community. A leader in
innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State is located just
north of Atlanta, and combines a suburban setting on two
metro-Atlanta campuses in Kennesaw and Marietta. As one of
Georgia’s largest universities, Kennesaw State offers undergraduate
and graduate degrees, including a growing number of doctoral
programs. A member of the University System of Georgia, Kennesaw
State is committed to becoming a world-class academic institution
positioned to broaden its academic and research missions and expand
its scope on a local, regional and national level.
Kennesaw State University, a member of the University System of
Georgia, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and
does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability,
national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or
veteran status. Georgia is an Open Records state.