The University of Colorado
is hiring for a CSF House
This position will support the success of the
Colorado Shakespeare Festival.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
For over 60 seasons, the Colorado Shakespeare Festival has
delighted audiences with classic theatre under the
The Colorado Shakespeare Festival is a professional theatre company
in association with the University of Colorado Boulder. Since 1958,
the festival has celebrated and explored Shakespeare and his
continuing influence and vitality through productions of superior
artistic quality, education and community engagement.
CSF strives to preserve the classics of the past and pursue the
classics of the future. Fueled by artistry and scholarship, the
festival seeks to expand the cultural richness of the region by
inspiring, challenging and cultivating the imagination of audiences
Plays are performed beneath summer night skies in the historic Mary
Rippon Outdoor Theatre and in the newly renovated indoor University
The festival’s education programs reach tens of thousands of school
children each year through camps, classes and outreach performances
that connect them with the continuing tradition and importance of
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
What You Should Know
- Supervise and delegate to audience services staff.
- Act as House Manager in both venues as needed.
- Participate in the setup of all audience services equipment in
May to prepare for the season opening.
- Participate in the striking of all audience services equipment
in August after the conclusion of the Festival.
- Communicate with Box Office and Stage Management staff
throughout a performance.
- Be fully informed of all CSF policies as they pertain to
patrons and be able to direct patrons.
- Act as primary contact for all other CU departments (CU Police,
Facilities Management, Events Planning and Catering, CES, etc.)
during a performance.
- Complete detailed house reports at the conclusion of each
- Ensure the safety of CSF patrons and take point for any medical
emergencies that may arise at a performance.
- Be kind yet firm with any and all patrons of the Festival.
- Enforce and maintain the CSF Liquor License footprint.
- Maintain a pleasant and safe environment for CSF patrons to
enjoy each show.
What We Can Offer
- This is a temporary position
- Hours for this position will vary widely, depending upon
trainings, performance schedule, and other obligations. Typically
the position starts with 5 - 15 hours per week in May, moving to 10
-20 hours per week in June, and 20 - 40 hours per week in July
through the close of the festival.
- Please include at least 3 references with their contact
information on your resume.
- All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to
comply with the campus
COVID-19 vaccine requirement. New employees must provide proof
of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption within
30 days of employment.
- The pay range for this position is $16.00 - $17.00 per
Temporary positions at the University of Colorado are not
benefits-eligible, however, all positions are eligible for paid sick leave
Be creative. Be supported. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- One year of related experience demonstrating the required skill
What We Would Like You To Have
- Ability to manage crews efficiently before, during, and after a
live theatrical performance.
- Ability to adjust quickly to fast-changing situations.
- Knowledge of Colorado liquor enforcement laws.
- Prior experience in house managing live performance events or
related service industry.
- Current Training for Intervention Procedures (TiPS)
- Current CPR certification.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background
and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and
responsibilities of the position.
Please apply by February 14, 2022, for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For
consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name:
Posting Contact Email: