Provides information to, and advises both enrolled and prospective
students regarding the academic programs offered by the University
or a specific department, including requirements for admission and
retention through graduation; may coordinate the work of entry
level academic advisors.
- Advises enrolled and prospective students regarding academic
programs and curriculums.
- Analyzes and processes degree plans, graduation applications,
grade change forms, and general petitions.
- Maintains student files updated throughout their academic
careers and makes changes to records as necessary.
- Analyzes and processes requests for readmission from academic
suspension, as well as financial aid reinstatements; provides
retention services for students on probation.
- May assist in conducting orientation sessions for groups of
incoming new students.
- May assist in recruiting high school and community college
students and may make presentations at special events.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Posting Information:
• Ability to manage a high work volume with attention to detail and
• Experience in academic program recruitment and marketing
• Experience with online academic graduate programs Additional
• Occasional travel will be required
• Responsible for the graduate UH Extend degree programs
• Oversees in-person and virtual recruitment for college graduate
• Assist with fall and spring semester orientations and
Bachelors and 3 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical
aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or
the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline.
Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal,
directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or
an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is
directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a
minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related