Coordinates the financial operations of a large or complex unit.
May oversee the activities of clerical financial support personnel.
- Reconciles the unit's financial accounts and monitors revenue
and expenditure budgets.
- Compiles recurring and ad hoc financial reports for management
and faculty; advises management and faculty on status of
- May serve as liaison to Office of Grants and Contracts
regarding financial issues.
- Oversees the cash handling function for the unit, including,
but not limited to petty cash, gift transmittals and travel
- Oversees the preparation of financial documents; reviews
financial documents for accuracy and availability of funds.
- Researches and corrects reconciliation discrepancies with
reallocations and journal vouchers.
- Participates in the annual budget development process.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
Bachelors and 1 year experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical
aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or
the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline.
Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal,
directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or
an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is
directly related to the type of work being performed.Requires a
minimum of one (1) years of directly job-related experience.
Experience may be counted in lieu of education.