Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a
comprehensive global research university and a major engine for
economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students,
Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel
has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged
university, with community partnerships integrated into every
aspect of service and academics.
Drexel University is seeking a full-time outpatient program
coordinator for the Drexel Student Health Center and Student Life
Services. The Student Health Center is located in the center of the
Drexel University Campus and providers services for a population of
24K. We are seeking a highly skilled, patient centered, program
coordinator to join our multi-disciplinary healthcare and student
services team. You will be working in partnership with other health
care professionals, student life services and health promotions
team to help create and foster collaborative health programs for
Drexel University Students. Applicants should submit curriculum
vitae and cover letter.
- Facilitate the use of comprehensive health services and other
health and social services through promotion/marketing and
appropriate referrals; works to identify and remove barriers to
access for students.
- Effectively communicate and create activities to reinforce the
goals of the various Student Health Programs in coordination with
clinic designated health champions.
- Develop and implement a marketing plan and conduct outreach
activities within the school to increase awareness of Student
Health services; working alone or with an intern to conduct
workshops and classroom education sessions.
- Attends regularly scheduled SHC meetings and periodic
in-service trainings; maintains complete and accurate records of
all services via and internal spreadsheet.
- Work with the Program Director to identify community
partnership opportunities, promote health and prevention services
within the university and the surrounding community; maintain
communication with community agencies regarding special
initiatives, services, and marketing programs.
- Track and monitor outreach activities, outcomes, collect
pertinent data and statistics, create a referral tracking method;
assist in implementing and monitor client feedback loop.
- Work with the Program Director to create and manage social
media initiatives for Student Health Services, communicate outreach
activities to staff and stakeholders, engage staff and encourage
- Represent the program at health fairs, community and networking
events, conduct presentations on services, assist in identifying
outreach activities for interns.
- Coordinate research initiatives between SHC, medical residents,
and health professional students.
- Engage with university student leaders to help coordinate
health promotion programs.
- Additional responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 1 years of relevant experience.
- Possession of a Bachelor's or higher degree from an accredited
college or university in health care administration, a public
health field, a health science, nursing or any nursing specialty,
or in a related health field such as life sciences or physical
sciences, or in a management field such as public administration or
business administration; some positions may require a Master's
- At least one year of experience working in relevant field,
which has included coordination and/or supervision of program staff
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
University City – Philadelphia, PA
This position is classified as Exempt
with a salary grade of
For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional
Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when
submitting your application.
Review of applicants will continue until a suitable candidate pool
Dec 20 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Jan 20 2022 Eastern Standard Time