Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a
comprehensive global research university and a major engine for
economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students,
Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel
has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged
university, with community partnerships integrated into every
aspect of service and academics.
The Associate Director, Marketing Strategy is responsible for
developing the strategy and roadmap for enrollment growth for each
of the colleges/schools in the assigned portfolio, including but
not limited to: prioritization of programs to achieve Drexel
University Online business objectives, annual budgets/monthly
forecasts, management of overall advertising and creative strategy
(including direct-to-consumer, strategic partnerships, and event
marketing/promotion), cultivating college-marketing relationships,
as well as orchestrating customer and competitive landscape
research and analysis.
The Associate Director, Marketing Strategy will be the advocate for
their programs, and have a deep understanding of their target
audiences and all activities within their business units
(colleges/schools). S/He will act as a liaison between the
colleges/schools in their portfolio and the internal marketing team
and be responsible and accountable for the performance of his/her
The Associate Director, Marketing Strategy will represent the
Associate Vice President, Marketing in meetings as
assigned/appropriate and perform all additional duties and
responsibilities to manage his/her business to success.
- Build and optimize annual marketing strategy, budgets and
campaign plans (overall business roadmap), including prioritization
of program focus to achieve Drexel University business
- Oversee and manage day-to-day marketing performance of each
college/school to ensure favorable performance, including building
monthly marketing plans based on prior month and trending
performance and allocating marketing spend across multiple channels
to maximize return on investment.
- Perform school/program/industry analysis with a deep
understanding of student demographic and psychographic information,
with the goal of successfully positioning programs within the
competitive post-secondary education market.
- Provide regular reporting to senior management and
colleges/schools and ensure appropriate follow-up.
- Work with the creative services team to build creative
messaging strategy that resonates with target audience.
- Work closely with Drexel University Online’s strategic
partnership and enrollment services teams to ensure they are
trained on program features, benefits and competitive
- Communicate a thorough knowledge of program information,
marketing initiatives, market research, and future challenges.
- Define new program needs (including management of new program
launches) and work with schools to integrate (program names, price
points and program features where able to do so).
- Manage IT and operations projects specific to his/her
- Work with Marketing Specialist / Senior Marketing Specialist –
including training, development, task management and
- Occasional travel required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business with concentration in marketing
or other related specialization
- 10+ years of experience within a variety of marketing
- Project management experience is a plus.
- Education industry experience is preferred.
- Strong skills in research, analytics and building reports.
- Must be able to analyze data and identify key trends and
- Understanding of integrated marketing; how various
offline/online and brand/direct response channels work
- Strong brand messaging and creative experience; understands how
to develop brand messaging strategy and execute through
- Proven experience using customer segmentation to drive
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience presenting to senior management.
- Able to shift thinking frequently from high level strategic
decisions to detailed tactical decisions.
- Must be highly organized and proactive; self-motivated.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Power Point.
University City – Philadelphia, PA
This position is classified as Exempt
with a salary grade of
For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional
Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when
submitting your application.
Review of applicants will continue until a suitable candidate pool
Dec 20 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Jan 20 2022 Eastern Standard Time