The University of Colorado
is hiring for a CSF Crafts
This position will support the success of the
Colorado Shakespeare Festival.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
For over 60 seasons, the Colorado Shakespeare Festival has
delighted audiences with classic theatre under the
The Colorado Shakespeare Festival is a professional theatre company
in association with the University of Colorado Boulder. Since 1958,
the festival has celebrated and explored Shakespeare and his
continuing influence and vitality through productions of superior
artistic quality, education and community engagement.
CSF strives to preserve the classics of the past and pursue the
classics of the future. Fueled by artistry and scholarship, the
festival seeks to expand the cultural richness of the region by
inspiring, challenging and cultivating the imagination of audiences
Plays are performed beneath summer night skies in the historic Mary
Rippon Outdoor Theatre and in the newly renovated indoor University
The festival’s education programs reach tens of thousands of school
children each year through camps, classes and outreach performances
that connect them with the continuing tradition and importance of
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
What You Should Know
- Assist the CSF Crafts Supervisor in the construction, fitting,
and alteration of costume crafts, including but not limited to
armor, masks, footwear, headwear, belts, bags, and jewelry.
- Develop and fit craft pieces according to designer / supervisor
- Perform cutting, construction, finishing, and alterations to
- Assist in supervising interns and volunteers.
- Monitor team safety, morale, and quality control.
What We Can Offer
- This is a temporary position
- Please include at least 3 references with their contact
information on your resume.
- All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to
comply with the campus
COVID-19 vaccine requirement. New employees must provide proof
of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption within
30 days of employment.
- The hourly rate is $15.00
Temporary positions at the University of Colorado are not
benefits-eligible, however, all positions are eligible for paid sick leave
Be dynamic. Be unique. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- One year of related experience demonstrating the required skill
What We Would Like You To Have
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Strong collaboration, communication, and technical skills.
- Commitment to an inclusive, diverse, and equitable workplace
- Artistic sensibility and sensitivity.
- Demonstrated experience with a variety of costume crafts
materials including but not limited to clay, leather, buckram,
felt, thermoplastics, foams, adhesives, and metal work.
- Knowledge of respirator use, basic safety procedures, and
ability to operate power tools.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background
and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and
responsibilities of the position.
Please apply by March 13, 2022, for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For
consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name:
Posting Contact Email: