The position works closely with the Associate Director, Treasury
Operations to monitor and analyze the University’s cash and
investments. This position prepares operating cash flow projections
to determine short-term cash flow needs and the proper investment
of excess cash balances. The position also analyzes all working
capital and endowment investments monthly, to ensure adequate
investment performance and monitors all investment manager fees.
The position will provide the CFO, Associate Vice President of
Finance & Assistant Treasurer, and Assistant Vice President
& Controller with weekly endowment, cash, and debt summary
reports for informational and monitoring purposes. This position
will work with the Associate Director, Treasury Operations to
create all investment and debt schedules and supporting
documentation for the University’s annual financial audit.
Additional responsibilities include serving as a liaison between
the University and financial institutions and working with the
Associate Director, Treasury Operations and Treasury Coordinator to
manage the University’s PCI Compliance and credit card acceptance.
The position is partially dedicated to working on special treasury
projects which serve the greater American University
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Performs daily corporate cash management and forecasting
activities; gathers, analyzes, and interprets cash flow and other
financial data; determines daily cash balances available for
investment; initiates fund movement transfers. Allocates and
invests excess cash balances in accordance with policy. Prepares
and analyzes investment and cash management schedules and other
related ad hoc reports and helps project annual investment income
to report to senior leadership
- Creates monthly and quarterly endowment reports. Reconciles
custodian balances with fund managers and helps resolve any
outstanding discrepancies. Reviews University private equity
capital calls and distributions to ensure transactions are properly
recorded by the University’s custodian. Reconciles University’s
unfunded commitments on a quarterly basis. Tracks endowment market
values, investment performance, and related fees.
- Works with the Treasury Coordinator to coordinates installation
of POS credit card devices and/or web development projects with the
Office of Information Technology and credit card processor,
including planning, project management, and testing. Additionally,
position will work with Associate Director to analyze the
University’s PCI compliance and enact processes and procedures to
- Works directly with Associate Director, Treasury Operations and
the Associate Vice President of Finance & Assistant Treasurer
to investigate and implement special treasury projects which
continue the strategic goal of innovation.
- Assists with the annual financial statement audit and annual
internal audit by preparing audit schedules, reconciliations, and
other audit requests.
- Assists in development of policies, procedures, and operational
controls within the Treasury Office; ensuring compliance with
internal controls, policies and procedures in day-to-day cash
Required Education and Experience
- Sr. Coordinator/Analyst A
- Full-Time (35 hours per week)
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Work experience in accounting, finance, banking or equivalent
in education and training.
- Ability to perform investment analysis, knowledge of banking
procedures, and cash management experience are highly
- Strong analytical skills, ability to multi-task, and attention
to detail are required
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related fields is
- 5-8 years of relevant experience
- MS Office Suite skills– Excel, Word, Outlook
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail is
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Ability to take initiative and multi-task under pressure
- Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) or Certified Public
Accountant (CPA) certification preferred.
- Hiring offers for this position are contingent on the
successful completion of a background check.
- To ensure the health and safety of our community AU requires
COVID-19 vaccinations for faculty and staff. Click here to learn
more about our health and safety directive.
Current American University Employees:
- AU offers a competitive benefits package including a 200%
matching retirement plan, tuition benefits for full-time staff and
their families, several leadership development certificates, and
has been recognized by the American Heart Association as a
Click here to learn about American University's unique benefit
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at
American University, please log intoAsuccessfulU through themyAU
portal . Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which
will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University
careers site, email email@example.com .
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action
institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and
regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal
appearance, gender identity and expression, family
responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran
status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases
under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its
programs and activities.
Nearest Major Market: