Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a
comprehensive global research university and a major engine for
economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students,
Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel
has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged
university, with community partnerships integrated into every
aspect of service and academics.
The Urban Health Collaborative at the Dornsife School of Public
Health, Drexel University is a multi-disciplinary research center
focused on improving health in cities. The Urban Health
Collaborative invites applications for a Program Coordinator, who
is highly organized and detail-oriented, can work independently and
has strong verbal and written communication skills.
The full-time Program Coordinator will support the Assistant
Director, Directors, and other staff to assist in the planning,
coordination and execution of internal and external events,
meetings, trainings, and other program activities for the Urban
Health Collaborative. A qualified candidate will have experience in
event, administrative or program coordination and ability to handle
multiple tasks. This position requires some physical presence in
- Provide coordination for the organization, delivery and
evaluation of Urban Health Collaborative (UHC) research and
programmatic activities. Manage logistical preparations for
local/international meetings, events, and presentations, including
setup of Zoom videoconference technology.
- Take a leading role in coordinating events including UHC weekly
forums, quarterly invited speakers, events such as the Reimagining
Health in Cities symposium and speaker invitation and visitor
- Coordinate interactions within Drexel and between Drexel and
other institutions (e.g., for UHC seminars, meetings, research
projects, and other activities), including scheduling meetings with
team members across the Urban Health Collaborative and coordination
with Director and co-Director’s calendars.
- Coordinate travel and arrangements for external speakers,
visiting scholars and other partners as needed, including
international travel, involving purchasing tickets, managing
itineraries, and submitting and tracking travel reimbursements.
Essential Edit Remove
- Screen inquiries to the Urban Health Collaborative and provide
responses to requests or direct them to the appropriate person
depending on their need.
- Draft and send internal communications, announcements, and
letters; coordinate with Communications Manager to promote events
to target audience.
- Manage employee, student and visiting scholar onboarding,
orient new members to mission and programmatic activities of the
- Maintain project directory and listserv membership of team
- Assist in purchasing equipment and supplies for UHC.
- Support the updating and maintenance of program deliverables
and team documentation in Smartsheet and intranet/Google Site.
- Create and maintain program records, reports,
- Other coordination and administrative duties as assigned and as
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 2 years of experience in a program support or
- Experience in administrative or team coordination duties and
- Experience planning and implementing events of a range of
- Must be highly organized and comfortable keeping track of
multiple ongoing tasks and action items; detail oriented with an
eye for catching and correcting small errors.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a
- Clear, professional, and effective in written and oral
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong command of Microsoft Office programs including
PowerPoint, Word, and Excel required.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a part of
- Ability to work with Zoom videoconference technology
• Experience collaborating and communicating with non-English
speakers and international collaborators preferred.
• Ability to work with project management software (Basecamp and
• Experience with Google Sites and Google Drive applications
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Additional Required Documents
- Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter
when submitting your application.
- List other required documents
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is
Dec 20 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Mar 4 2022 Eastern Standard Time