Web Developer/Content Strategist, University Libraries
Web Developer/Content Strategist
Western Michigan University Libraries seeks a Web Developer/Content Strategist to design, develop and maintain websites and related applications. The position will lead a team to develop holistic communication strategies including the creation and maintenance of an intuitive online experience. The position utilizes both technical and content development talents to enhance users’ online experience and communicate across multiple digital platforms.
- Develops web content strategy for all University Libraries departments. Serves as Manager for CMS website. Leads effort to coordinate website messaging across multiple platforms including Libraries CMS, LibGuides, social media, and other electronic outlets. Leads research, organization, and public relations efforts concerning the development and release of new websites.
- Designs, tests, debugs and deploys websites. Maintains and updates website architecture and content. Ensures website architecture and content meets University standards.
- Collaborates with University staff to define and document website requirements. Gathers and reports usage statistics, errors or other performance statistics to improve information access and further the goals of the University Libraries.
- Works with Libraries Resource Management to incorporate web-related materials and resources from the Integrated Library System into other web platforms. Works with Libraries IT Services to coordinate maintenance of the architecture, functionality, and integrity of University Libraries websites.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a related field from an accredited institution.
- Three years' relevant experience.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience documenting technical and content standards.
- Skills involving strong attention to detail.
- Supervisory or lead experience.
For complete description, minimum requirements and application procedures, visit our website at: http://www.wmich.edu/hr/jobs/. Only applications submitted through this site will be considered. Posting # 0604162. WMU is an AA/EO employer. Minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities and all other qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Kalamazoo
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Kalamazoo
- Computer Services & Information Technology Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Kalamazoo
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Kalamazoo