The University of New Haven, founded on the Yale campus in 1920,
is a private, coeducational university that has been recognized by
The Princeton Review and U.S. News & World Report for academic
excellence. Located between New York City and Boston in the
shoreline city of West Haven, the University is a diverse and
vibrant community of nearly 7,000 students from across the
Within the University of New Haven’s colleges and schools,
students immerse themselves in a transformative, career-focused
education across engineering, health sciences and healthcare,
business, law enforcement and public service, the liberal arts and
sciences, and the fine arts.
More than 100 academic programs are offered, all grounded in a
longstanding commitment to collaborative, interdisciplinary,
project-based learning. The University of New Haven ranks among the
top universities in the Northeast and boasts nationally ranked
programs in a number of majors across business, criminal justice,
health sciences, engineering, cybersecurity, forensic science, and
the liberal arts and sciences.
Here, the experience of learning is both personal and pragmatic,
guided by a distinguished faculty who care deeply about individual
student success. As leaders in their fields, faculty members
provide the inspiration and recognition needed for students to
fulfill their potential and succeed at whatever they choose to
Under the leadership of President Steven H. Kaplan, who was
named the sixth president in 2004, the University has experienced
significant growth — both in enrollment and in the expansion of the
University’s West Haven campus. Full-time undergraduate enrollment
has more than doubled, and first-year applications have nearly
Over the last decade, the University has completed more than
$300 million in major capital projects while launching 26 new
academic programs. The University has also added campuses in
Tuscany, Italy, and Orange, Conn.
For more background on the University of New Haven please visit:
The University of New Haven: Campus tour given by
students and an overview message from President Steve
The Events Coordinator position in the Office of Undergraduate
Admissions provides administrative support to the Director of
Events. Tasks will include attending and helping to coordinate
University recruitment events, interacting with prospective
students and their families on a daily basis, overseeing our
student tour guides, and data entry.
- Provide exceptional customer service during all on-campus,
virtual, and special road events (such as Open House, Accepted
Student Day, Accepted Student Receptions) and promote the
University in a positive manner to all prospective students and
families, alumni, colleagues, and community.
- Conduct enthusiastic on-campus, off-campus, and virtual
information sessions while working special recruitment events
throughout the year.
- Attend and assist with the coordination of our various Open
Houses, Explore Days, Major-Specific Open Houses, Charger Days,
Information Sessions, and other specialized visits.
- Provide daily information session presentation to prospective
students and their families, when needed.
- Coordinate and supervise our Charger Ambassador student tour
- Oversee various projects with our Charger Ambassadors,
including inquiry card entry, accepted student letter mailings, and
other special projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Assist with sending out event communications when needed,
including SMS and emails, to prospective/accepted students.
- Follow-up phone calls to prospective/accepted students and
families to confirm event registration.
- Ensures that confidentiality of data collected and stored are
- Fill in where needed in the office to ensure service standards
and efficient operations.
- Must be fully vaccinated in order to be in compliance with
University policies regarding travel.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS,
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Ability to represent the University of New Haven in a variety
of situations and be able to competently interact with a diverse
population of prospective students, faculty and staff.
- Experience with supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and project management
- A proactive customer service approach.
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite of products required; CRM system
experience preferred, preferably with Slate.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds is required for the travel
component of the position.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Ability to work evening and weekends, as needed.
- Must demonstrate a tireless commitment to enrolling and
retaining a diverse student body.
University of New Haven Diversity, Equity, Inclusion,
and Belonging Vision
The University of New Haven is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
a diverse institution which celebrates, respects, and values
individuals of all social identities. We believe that as members of
the university community, our socio‐cultural differences ignite
intellectual growth and foster a culture of understanding that
embraces our ever‐changing society.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you have the qualifications we are looking for and are
interested in working for an institution where the experience of
learning is both personal and pragmatic and one that is guided by a
distinguished faculty who care deeply about individual student
success, we want to hear from you! Please submit a cover
letter, resume, and three references, all of which will remain
confidential, through this link: apply.interfolio.com/100203
If you have any issues with this submittal, please contact us at
It is mandatory that UNH employees abide by all pre-determined
Covid related policies and procedures.