Saint Peter’s University is just a 12-minute train ride from the heart of the most exciting city in the world—New York City! Gallery openings, parks, museums, shops, shows, iconic landmarks, and sports are right at our doorstep.
Saint Peter’s University seeks an innovative and collaborative leader as Director of Online Programs. The Director will lead the college’s efforts to foster, support, and promote excellence in teaching and learning in online, hybrid, and web-enhanced courses, as well as improve student outcomes through teaching/learning technologies.
The Director of Online Programs is responsible for providing leadership in the implementation of teaching/learning technologies to support the Universities priorities. As Director, the successful candidate will provide leadership for all aspects of online program development and course design, including the innovative use of technology in instruction, faculty development, and the growth of online programs. The Director will demonstrate a deep understanding of learning theories and online pedagogies and their relationship to program development.
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Director will collaborate with faculty and administrators on planning for Saint Peter’s University E-Learning courses and programs based on established best practices; oversee the work of the instructional design and work collaboratively with the LMS (Blackboard) team; and manage the development and assessment of online programs and courses in consultation with faculty, program directors, department chairs and deans.
The duties of the Director include:
- Serve as a resource for the department chairs, faculty, and program directors to improve the quality of current online offerings according to best-established practices.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan, in consultation with the Assistant Vice President, that centers on the expansion of online learning, student success, and faculty development.
- Provide leadership for the instructional designers and student technical support.
- Collaborate with the chairs and faculty to improve curriculum, instruction, and learning with instructional technology.
- Ensure compliance with New Jersey certification requirements, Middle States Association of College and University Standards for online and distance learning programs, and any legal requirements for programming.
- Collaborate with faculty to develop online programs and course formats to provide students with seamless and user-friendly online learning environments that facilitate student learning.
- Develop and manage the E-Learning budget.
- Work with faculty and administrators on assessment to ensure the quality of online learning; Ensure the smooth operation of services for online students.
- Work with the marketing and enrollment management teams to develop and implement internal and external marketing and strategic recruitment plans for online offerings
- .Meet periodically with University-wide committees charged with the development of online learning.
- Stay up-to-date on new and emerging learning technologies.
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Vice President.
Bachelor's Degree and eight years' relevant experience required.
Preferred Qualifications: Master's degree or Ph.D. from a regionally accredited College or University.
- Significant experience in both classroom and online teaching.
- Demonstrated commitment to student success.
- Experience in online learning program development.
- Expertise in curriculum development, instructional design, and online pedagogies.
- Proficiency in learning management systems and related technologies.
- Managerial and supervisory experience in a college setting.
- Experience in student recruitment for online programs.
- Experience in team-building, staff supervision, and budget management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with diverse constituencies.