The Disability Services Specialist coordinates services to
students with disabilities in compliance with UW System policy, the
Congressional Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Section 504, and the
Americans with Disabilities Act and Amendments. Assists
students with disabilities in becoming integrated into the campus
community and maximizing their independence. Institutes
programs and projects designed to increase the awareness and
responsiveness of the campus community to the needs of disabled
Facilitates the provision of reasonable accommodations for
populations with disabilities to ensure equal access to the
programs, services, and activities of the institution. Recommends
and facilitates reasonable accommodations for populations with
disabilities to ensure access to the physical, educational, and
social activities of the institution.
- Ensure compliance with disability laws, University policies,
and department guidelines
- Embrace and support diversity as a part of the educational
- Direct Services to Students
- Liaison to Campus Community
- Scholarly and Professional Activity
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Rehabilitation Counseling, Social Work,
Psychology Special Education, or related field is required.
- Two years of full-time experience working with individuals with
disabilities or related populations at the post-secondary
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a
commitment to or experience with diverse populations.
- Demonstrated computer skills, including, but not limited to,
Microsoft Suite, e-mail, assistive technology, and database
Why It’s Great to be a Pioneer:
Campus Information: The University of Wisconsin-Platteville,
founded in 1866, offers 42 baccalaureate and 6 master's programs.
It possesses institutional strengths in middle level education,
engineering, industrial technology, agriculture, criminal justice
and business. The campus is located in Southwest Wisconsin's
largest and most historic community. The region offers excellent
school systems, high quality medical and hospital facilities,
outstanding recreational opportunities, and vibrant businesses and
industries. UW-Platteville is a cultural and educational center for
the Tri-State region of Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin.
Take a virtual tour of