Mission or Goal of Unit:
The Division of Pediatric Hospital Medicine works in partnership
with other pediatric specialists to provide pediatric care for
children with acute illness, chronic disease(s) or special health
care needs. Pediatric Hospital Medicine plays a large role in the
Department of Pediatrics' undergraduate and ancillary staff
education and residency program(s) within and beyond VCU.
Chief Purpose of this position:
We are seeking two part time (per diem or PRN) pediatric
hospitalists to provide clinical coverage for 1-2 (or more) shifts
per month. The Children’s Hospital of Richmond at VCU Health has
partnered with Bon Secours Mercy Health Systems at St. Mary’s
Hospital to provide quality direct patient care and service
excellence in Pediatric Hospital Medicine.
Faculty member will provide teaching and
mentorship to nursing students, nurses, medical students, residents
and pediatric hospital medicine fellows when applicable.
Faculty member will serve on departmental
committees when appropriate and engage in professional activities
through journal review, conference presentations, etc.
Faculty member will serve as a Pediatric
Hospitalist for the Division of Pediatric Hospital Medicine within
the Department of Pediatrics. He/she will work evenings, nights,
weekends and take call as necessary for the St. Mary’s Hospital
pediatric inpatient unit and newborn nursery.
Faculty member will take on administrative duties
associated with this role.
- Board certified or board eligible in Pediatrics or
- Experience with clinical care of patients ages birth to 21
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse
faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a
faculty member at VCU.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- DEA licensure-active or eligible
- Licensure in Medicine in Virginia-current or eligible
- Board eligibility in Pediatric Hospital Medicine- (current or
- Prior experience in pediatric hospital medicine practice within
community or academic center
Full time equivalent: