Mission or Goal of Unit:
The Division of Hospital Medicine works in partnership with other
pediatric specialty divisions to provide direct pediatric patient
care for children with acute or chronic diseases or those with
special health care needs. Pediatric Hospital Medicine plays a
large role in the Department of Pediatrics' educational programs
(medical student, resident and ancillary staff). The division
engages in quality and safety initiatives via independent study and
hospital committee work.
Chief Purpose of this position:
We seek a part-time pediatric hospitalist for this community
hospital site. CHoR at VCU has partnered with St. Mary’s Hospital
of Mercy Bon Secours Health in a commitment to provide quality
patient care and service excellence in Pediatric Hospital
Physician will provide teaching and mentorship to
medical students, residents and fellows when applicable. Physician
will provide education to ancillary staff as needed.
Physician will serve on hospital or departmental
(CHoR or St. Mary’s Hospital) committees when appropriate, and
engage in professional activities through journal review,
conference presentations and national organization committee
(Anticipate 0.5 Part Time Equivalent (FTE) effort):
Physician will provide clinical service as a Pediatric Hospitalist
for the Department of Pediatrics of CHoR based at St. Mary’s
Hospital. Will work the requisite number of evenings, nights,
weekends, and take call as necessary to maintain 24/7 clinical
coverage of the pediatric and newborn units. Clinical hours will be
proportional the FTE assigned to the provider in a shared
responsibility framework amongst the other team members.
- Candidates must be board certified or board eligible in
pediatrics or medicine-pediatrics.
- All candidates must be eligible for medical licensure in
- Drug Enforcement Agency licensure is required
- All candidates must be certified in Pediatric Advanced Life
- Credentialing at both VCUH and St. Mary’s is required.
- Demonstrated experience working in, collaborating and fostering
a diverse staff, residents and students through an engaged and
emotionally safe approach.
- Two or more years of clinical experience in Pediatric Hospital
Medicine is preferred but not required.
- Completion of Pediatric Fellowship training is preferred but
- Future Board eligibility or current board certification in
Pediatric Hospital Medicine is preferred but not required.
Full time equivalent: