Mission or Goal of Unit:
Children’s Hospital of Richmond of the Virginia Commonwealth
University Health System has committed itself to transforming the
Division of Pediatric Pulmonology and Sleep Medicine into a model
academic unit devoted to excellence in clinical care, teaching, and
clinical, translational, and basic research.
Chief Purpose of this position:
The Division of Pediatric Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine at the
Children’s Hospital of Richmond at VCU is seeking an individual at
the Assistant Professor or Associate Professor rank to join our
team. Responsibilities will include mentored development of an
academic career in pediatric pulmonary medicine, with an emphasis
on excellence in clinical care and teaching with opportunities for
research provided to candidates as indicated.
Faculty member will provide clinical care in
pediatric pulmonary and/or sleep medicine, both in the outpatient
and inpatient setting. Will work weekends and take call as
Faculty member will have teaching responsibilities
in the area of Pediatric Pulmonology and Sleep Medicine. Faculty
member will provide teaching and mentorship to Medical Students,
Residents, and Fellows.
Research aspirations are encouraged but not
required; support for these activities will depend upon prior
accomplishments and potential.
Faculty member will serve on departmental or School
of Medicine committees when appropriate, as well in a professional
capacity in their field, e.g.: reviewer, conference organizer,
- Board certified or board eligible in Pediatric Pulmonology
- Experience with clinical care of patients ages birth to 21
- Experience with education of housestaff, medical students, and
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse
faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a
faculty member at VCU.
- Training and Board Certification in Sleep Medicine
- Previous experience in an academic medical center
- Research focus and/or external funding
- Demonstrated excellent teaching skills
Full time equivalent: