The VCU School of Nursing is recruiting a pool of applicants for
adjunct teaching positions. This limited adjunct appointment will
be offered on a semester by semester basis and is subject to
renewal. The purpose of the position is for qualified individuals
to teach in graduate or undergraduate areas in their area of
expertise, include evidence-based strategies in teaching and
clinical activities, and contribute to evaluation and ongoing
program development through timely feedback and adherence to
evaluation mechanisms for the program.
This pool will be accessed only as adjunct vacancies arise. Your
application will remain active for one year from this position
posting date. After one year, if you are still interested in
adjunct teaching, you must reapply to the posting. Note that we are
unable to hire applicants who are not in the pool.
• Master’s degree in nursing
• Licensed as a Registered Nurse in Virginia
• Experience in a practice role
• Evidence of effectiveness in collaboration and
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering an environment
of diversity and inclusion
• Licensed in Virginia as a Licensed Nurse Practitioner required
for teaching in related advanced practice courses.
• Authorization to prescribe required for some positions related to
advanced practice nursing.
• Experience in teaching at the baccalaureate or higher level
• Experience with simulation instruction
• Doctoral Degree in nursing or related field
• Certification in an area of specialty in nursing
Salary Range: Commensurate
Department: School of Nursing
Employment Type: AJ - Adjunct
Restricted Status: No
Exemption Status: Exempt