At VCU, we Make it Real through learning,
research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the
VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university
nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity,
VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where
your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers
employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement,
competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven
GOAL OF UNIT
IES advances VCU’s commitment to the
success and wellbeing of its faculty, staff, students, team
members, patients and surrounding communities. From its work in the
areas of equal opportunity and outreach to collective urban and
regional impact, IES translates philosophy into practice to achieve
education and health equity for all.
The VCU Health Hub@25th (HH@25th) seeks a
Community Liaison and Inclusion Specialist to serve as the external
front facing community imbedded contact for the VCU Health
Hub@25th. This is a temporary part-time up to 28 hours a week
obligation with a projected start date of January 10, 2022 and an
end date of June 10, 2022. The Community Liaison and Inclusion
Specialist will report directly to the Director of the HH@25th. The
position will work alongside current HH@25th staff and will be
required to participate in weekly planning and staff meetings. As
the Community Liaison and Inclusion Specialist you will be required
to be an active participant of the HH@25th’s community advisory
council through meeting attendance and community activations.
As a member of the Office of Institutional Equity, Effectiveness
and Success (IES), the incumbent will promote a climate of trust,
honesty, and integrity where all people are valued and where
differences are recognized as an asset.
ROLE and DUTIES:
- Represent as the external community
contact for the HH@25th.
- Identify and coordinate external outreach for the purpose of
increasing community awareness of the HH@25th, increasing health
hub participation and identifying future outreach needs and
- Assist in identifying viable stakeholders beneficial to the
HH@25th’s mission and purpose.
- Assist in developing,and maintaining sustainable partnerships
with community stakeholders to include faith-based organizations,
non-profit organizations, community civic associations, assisted
living facilities, local schools, small business etc.
- Serve as the community relations liaison for the HH@25th.
- Assist with improving the relationship between VCU and the
residents of the east end.
- Assist with developing educational engagement opportunities for
VCU staff, partners, and affiliates, to increase their knowledge of
the history and culture of the east end.
- Assist with the VCU HH@25th Ambassador’s program
- Assist the HH@25th Director with identifying and interviewing
qualified program candidates.
- Assist the HH@25th Director with identifying program training
- Assist HH@25th Director with microgrant management
- Assist with developing microgrant criteria.
- Collaborate with schools, businesses, organizations and
nonprofits to identify possible micro grant awardees.
- Assist with identifying ways to sustain and increase the
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering
a more equitable, diverse, and inclusive environment
- Google suite applications, spreadsheet/database programs, and
- Experience working with diversity, engagement, and inclusion in
an educational setting
Salary Range:$25/hour (up to 28 hours per week)
Department: Office of Institutional Equity, Effectiveness and
Employment Type: Hourly
Restricted Status: No
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt