Work Site Location: 2 positions available in Kootenai
Work Schedule: These benefited positions are 75%
full-time, Aug - June, with benefits over 12 months.
including PERSI retirement. Please see information on Head Start
In conjunction with the North Idaho
College Head Start mission, Five-Year Goals and in compliance with
all local, state and federal regulations the Assistant Teacher
under general direction assists the Classroom Teacher with
implementing a comprehensive child development program.
This list includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work
relationship with supervisor, staff, families and the
- Conduct classroom hours each week per center model. Attendance
is mandatory for teaching staff during classroom hours.
- Assist in maintaining a safe, clean, healthy, and organized
- Participate in ensuring active supervision of all children in
- Assist in planning, preparation and implementing classroom
curriculum and learning experiences, with the classroom team.
- Assist in screenings, assessments and goal setting for children
including collecting anecdotal records and portfolio entries, as
needed or required by center model.
- Support the development of relationships between children and
their families through involvement in the program.
- Support disability services in the classroom.
- Support individual children in meeting their basic
developmental needs, including, feeding and toileting
- Participate in professional development opportunities to ensure
up-to-date, quality services to children and families.
- In absence of Classroom Teacher, take the lead responsibility
for the classroom.
- Participate as part of the center team to ensure efficient
- Participate in a program committee as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Plan work time to meet the center operations schedule, knowing
that flexibility is required to meet the unique needs of the Head
Start program and its participants
Education and Experience
Level I: A Child Development Associates Credential, or State
awarded certificate that meets or exceeds the CDA credential, are
enrolled in a program that will lead to a Baccalaureate degree or,
are enrolled in a CDA credential program to be completed within two
years of the time of hire.
Level II: An Associate in Early Childhood Education, or Child
Development OR an Associate degree in any other field of study AND:
A major in Early Childhood Education or Child Development.
• Experience as a staff or volunteer in a preschool
Required License and/or Certifications
• Register with Idaho STARS and participate in the professional
• Meet all training and certification requirements for child care
licensing and Head Start Program Performance Standards.
• Maintain current Infant/child & Adult CPR and First
• Meet terms of Statement of Agreement/ Employment
• Pass an enhanced criminal background check including
fingerprinting, as required by Head Start Program Performance
Standards and Child Care Licensing requirements, prior to first day
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with people
from diverse ethnic, cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
• Positive approach to Early Childhood Development programs, health
and social services.
• Working knowledge of commonly used computer software programs
including data collection systems.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of
background check and proof of degree if required for this
All application materials including resume, cover letter, and
any unofficial transcripts must be uploaded and the application
completed prior to the close date
Advertised: December 17, 2021 Pacific Standard