Responsible for the overall direction and supervision of the
Holland Academic Success Center, a comprehensive academic support
unit that includes: academic advising, academic interventions/early
alerts, retention outreach, peer education, writing assistance,
workshops in college learning strategies, and academic coaching.
Lead professional advisors to monitor student academic progress
toward degree completion and individual goals. Help students
navigate the college experience, guide career development, choose a
major or minor, and provide general assistance to meet their
1. Plan, direct, and assess academic support services including
holistic academic advising and peer education.
2. Communicate regularly with academic and support units to stay
current with program changes.
3. Hire, train, and supervise professional and support staff, and
4. Prepare and administer departmental budget.
5. Coordinate academic advising services and ensure accessibility
for all students.
6. Serve as co-administrator for academic case load management
software and establish and maintain best practices.
7. Provide training to staff and faculty on use of academic case
load management software and advising practices.
8. Direct Peer Tutor, Early Alert, Academic Coaching, Writing Help
Desk, Buffett Scholars, and other learning and retention programs
9. Oversee mentorship and networking initiatives (i.e. Peer
10. Maintain an advising caseload and meet regularly with students
to provide academic coaching, advising, and assistance.
11. Promote office services and programs to students, college
staff, parents, and other stakeholders.
12. Oversee and administer CLEP testing.
13. Provide leadership for New Student Registration and Transfer
Student Registration events in collaboration with the office of
14. Coordinate activities and communication with faculty,
disability student services, counseling, athletics,
15. Create academic success training programs for students and the
16. Serve on committees as requested or appointed.
17. Serve as liaison among academic and other student support
18. Other duties as assigned.
• Master’s degree
• 3 years related professional experience.
• Experience in higher education student services offices
(Advising, Records, Financial Aid, etc.)
• Experience with case management software
• Five or more years of related experience in academic support in
• Creative problem solver
• Demonstrated knowledge and implementation of best practices in
academic support services in higher education
• Demonstrated interest and satisfaction working directly with
• Demonstrated supervisory experience and team-building
• Effective oral and written communication skills
Competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Attractive and comprehensive fringe benefit package. Annual Salary
range is $65,000-$75,000.