Antelope Valley College
Assistant Superintendent/Vice President of
Human Resources (Re-Advertised)
Salary: $159,066.24 - $189,073.68
Deadline: 2/9/2022 11:59 PM
Complete job description and application
available online at: http://126.96.36.199/counter.php?id=217076
Under direction of the Superintendent/ President, the
Vice President is responsible for planning, organizing, directing
and supervising a comprehensive human resources program, including
recruitment and selection, classification and pay,
employee-employer relations, benefits, unemployment, equal
employment opportunity, risk management, payroll, staff
development, and recordkeeping; assuring compliance with applicable
District policies and procedures, state and federal laws, codes and
regulations, and supervising and evaluating the performance of
• Plan, organize and direct the operations and
activities related to all District personnel.
• Ensure the District’s compliance with applicable
laws, District policies and procedures, and collective bargaining
• Develop and interpret policies and procedures for
recruitment, testing, screening, interviewing, evaluation,
compensation, training and termination of employees.
• Provide professional advice and counseling to
employees regarding rights, classification, benefits, privileges
• Assist in negotiations with the classified and
faculty bargaining units (may serve as chief negotiator) and
administer labor contracts between the District and designated
• Provide and maintain an effective and fair
employment practices program.
• Administer the classification and salary programs
including development and maintenance of job descriptions.
• Oversee personnel management information systems
and assure security and privacy of personnel data.
• Direct the administration of programs and services
such as leaves, unemployment insurance, risk management, workers’
compensation, and retirement.
• Coordinate all aspects of the District’s Equal
Employment Opportunity plan.
• Direct and supervise the payroll department.
• Respond to allegations of discrimination and
harassment with appropriate investigations and remedies.
• Direct preparation of reports, correspondence,
bulletins, handbooks, and manuals.
• Train managers and supervisors regarding District
policies and procedures, and collective bargaining agreements.
• Provide general orientation and training to
• Direct and /or administer training on safety,
injury and illness prevention program and other plans.
• Direct the preparation of the annual budget for the
Human Resources office and supervise its implementation and
• Complete required state and federal reports related
to Human Resources.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by the
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Master’s degree in personnel/human
resources management, business, public administration, or related
discipline from a regionally accredited college or university.
• Five years of increasingly responsible experience
in personnel human resources management.
• Sensitivity to and understanding of, the diverse
academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic
backgrounds of community college students.
Three years of personnel
management experience working in and educational setting.
• Knowledge of California Education code, Government
Code, and California Code of Regulations.
• Knowledge of federal and state codes related to
human resources and employee relations.
• Experience with collective bargaining.
For a complete listing and details of all
open positions and how to apply, select the HR & Employment
link on the AVC Web site at https://www.avc.edu/administration/hr/employment
or contact the Human Resources Office at (661) 722-6311;
Voice/Relay, (661) 722-6300 x. 6360, 3041 West Avenue K, Lancaster,