The Carthage College Office of Public Safety is looking for
Sergeant position applicants. The Sergeant is the direct supervisor
of an assigned shift and reports to the Director of Public Safety
and Assistant Director of Public Safety. Ensures the safety and
protection of students, faculty, staff, visitors, and college
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
MINIMUM EDUCATION :
- Maintain standards for public safety operations and
performance, as well as related community programming.
- Assist with investigations.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local laws,
regulations, and educational rights and privacy act about public
- Provide leadership and coordinate training on assigned
- Assist with emergency preparedness activities on behalf of the
department including, but not limited to assisting with Emergency
Notification System messaging, training across campus, coordination
of emergency signage across campus, and more.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE :
- Associate’s Degree preferred. An equivalent combination of
education, training, and experience will be considered instead of a
REQUIRED SKILLS, ABILITIES, OR LICENSURE :
- A minimum of two years experience as a public safety
professional on a college campus or similar environment preferred,
with a demonstrated ability to communicate with students.
- Experience working with culturally diverse populations is
- Trained in the National Incident Management System (NIMS)
Incident Command System (ICS).
- Valid driver’s license with good driving history required.
- Working knowledge of both federal and state law enforcement
rules and regulations.
- Ability to interpret institutional policies, plans, objectives,
rules, and regulations, and communicate this information to the
- Ability to prepare and present detailed studies and
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
skills in a diverse college setting are essential.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and be able to prepare and
deliver presentations before small, medium, and large groups of
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to be available 24/7 in the case of emergency and
periodic supervisory presence on all shifts.
Founded in 1847, Carthage College combines an environment of
reflection and self-discovery with a culture of high expectation,
so that our students uncover and ignite their true potential. As a
four-year private liberal arts college with roots in the Lutheran
tradition, we place a strong emphasis on both moral and
intellectual values. Our prime location in Kenosha, Wisconsin,
midway between Chicago and Milwaukee, allows students the
opportunity to learn in a professional context. Our beautiful
campus, an 80-acre arboretum on the shore of Lake Michigan is home
to 150 scholars, 2,600 full-time students, and 400 part-time
students. Our rich academic experience equips students with
foundational knowledge and skills, preparing graduates to be
lifelong learners and to lead meaningful, productive lives.
Carthage College is an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse community.
We welcome applications from a broad spectrum of people, including
members of ethnic minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with
disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex,gender expression, gender identity, sexual
orientation,national origin, protected veteran status or
status as an individual with a disability.