About Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is an independent, culturally
diverse institution providing quality education and research in
aviation, aerospace, engineering and other related fields with
residential campuses located in Daytona Beach, Florida and
Prescott, Arizona. The University’s Worldwide campus provides
educational opportunities online and at approximately 130 locations
throughout the United States, Asia, Europe, and Central/South
As the largest and most comprehensive aviation and
aerospace-focused university in the world, Embry-Riddle is a unique
institution. Over the past 90 years, the University has evolved
with the industry to break new ground and produce top-level
graduates who serve the ever-changing needs of aviation and
aerospace and other STEM-related disciplines. Embry-Riddle offers
programs in seven primary fields of study including: Applied
Science; Aviation; Business; Computers and Technology; Engineering;
Safety, Security and Intelligence; and Space.
For Academic Year 2020-21, there were over 10,700 undergraduate,
graduate, and doctoral students that attended the University’s
residential campuses and approximately 32,700 students in total
enrolled with the University around the world.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is seeking a Financial Aid
Compliance Manager at the Daytona Beach campus. This position
ensures compliance with all federal, state, and university
regulations as they pertain to processing financial aid. This
position collaborates with the Executive Director of Financial Aid
to ensure policies and procedures are designed to maintain
compliance while providing excellent customer service in all areas
of financial aid. This position maintains strong relationships with
departments responsible for the administration of federal fund
drawdowns, returns and fund reconciliations. This is a managerial
position that supports the Executive Director of Financial Aid and
Dean of Enrollment Management.
- Serves as a member of and provides advisory services to
Financial Aid Office Leadership Team and employees to ensure
compliance with regulatory agencies and with University policies
- Specializes in maintaining current knowledge and understanding
of all state, federal and institutional requirements. To include
researching compliance issues and helping interpret new regulations
to ensure proper program administration.
- Serves as the primary contact for federal, state, and internal
auditors and will collect and prepare student record data for audit
testing and work with the Executive Director of Financial Aid to
draft responses to audit findings.
- Assists in the coordination of monitoring mechanisms to
determine adherence to state and federal aid regulations; develops
action plans for the correction of any violations or deficiencies
noted, and establishes regular reporting to the Financial Aid
- Assists in the improvement of the Financial Aid Office
compliance program concerning state and federal aid regulatory
matters. Monitor compliance with Consumer Information requirements
across university departments to ensure the university maintains
Federal Title IV eligibility
- Maintains documentation of reporting requirements, including
timelines, responsible party, etc.
- Provides leadership with the coordination of efforts between
various areas of the department to ensure compliance and quality
standards are developed and understood. Assist Financial Aid
Directors across campuses with maintaining consistency in the
administration of institutional, state, and Federal Title IV
- Develops and makes recommendations to update policies and
procedures designed to improve compliance.
- Creates and administers staff training.
- Bachelor’s degree and three (3) years of professional
experience in financial aid.
- Experience responding to regulatory issues, and the development
and/or interpretation of policies, rules or regulations.
- Demonstrated experience identifying and analyzing compliance
- Working knowledge of federal and state financial aid
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to work
- Understanding of computerized information system (preferably
Oracle/PeopleSoft Campus Solution, Financial Aid.)